We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Home

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Home

Made it home safe, Another great United Airlines adventure{ My last forsure} Plane half hour arriving in Acapulco, Therefore Houston Conn was in doubt. Got to Houston thru customs ran my butt off to get to gate. To find that plane was going to be delayed one and a half hours due to Mechanical problems. Getting any answers or finding a United employee to speak to. well you got a better chance asking Jane Doe. Will write trip report on what was a truly great Vacation in I think the best City for a winter trip anywhere bar none.a little later lot to say all good

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Home

Hank

I hate that connection!!!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Home

Sorry to hear that Hank but at least you had a great vacation. The airlines are all going from bad to horrible, it's a shame especially with the ticket prices so high.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Home

Glad you made the effort, Hank. Acapulco needs good people to spread the word, then maybe the airlines will catch on. Cheers.

Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Home

You're making me nervous about United Hank. I have to make the same connection. I hope we have better luck.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Home

Customs is the biggest problem in Houston. As I've said before, their main mission in life is to see you miss your flight. Something really needs to be done about them.

Try to get off the plane as soon as you can, get to the customs area BEFORE BATHROOM STOPS - there is one right outside, have at LEAST ONE PERSON get in line, scope out all the lines breaking out towards the "helpful" over paid and over worked employees, try to find one that is moving the fastest, after you slither your way through the maze.

Edited: 1:58 pm, February 24, 2013
Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Home

Tight Conn always a problem in Houston, ,Got to find a better way without the close conn . Seriously considering Mexico city and the bus

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Home

Mexico City and the bus? :eek: now, you’re getting really crazy!!!! You’d better have a lot of leeway for that one!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Home

As AcapulcoRe said, customs in Houston WANTS you to miss your plane or at least it certainly does seem that way and has for as long as I can remember. I don't understand why no one in the government has looked into this because I know that people have definately complained about them. Why isn't customs like that anywhere else??

9. Re: Flight Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco