We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

novedadesacapulco.mx/acapulco/cierran-puerta…

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,971 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

Looked like it the other day no action going on.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

A good friend of Snork and myself used to run the restaurant on the top floor a few years back. Nice place for a snack ,good breeze and quite a panoramic view of Caleta/caletilla bay and the island. No entrance charge if we said we were going to the restaurant for a cerveza.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

Too bad but probably connected to the man,s plans .

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

Exactly, RwRobb. They didn't have the traffic so the landlord "raised' the rent. Happens only in Mexico (lol). They still have a few other restaurants and if the construction gets done, things will still be good.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

Sounds like, in today’s paper, they are trying to get it open for at least the weekends? Employees haven’t been paid from October, and supposedly all earnings will go to the employees….however, there is a water leak of some sort, and they are waiting on CAPAMA to come and fix it (like that’s going to happen soon with all the Acabus construction crews breaking more pipes daily, as well as NOW knocking down light posts!!!!) --- also with the Acabus work, there are areas of town that do not have power for 8 hours at a time. Of course, this will bring some new demos as businesses are starting to lose perishables…..one thing or another…….

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

I saw the interviews on the news. Rep from the restaurant owners claiming the contstruction is taking too long and they will be out of business. Happens in our home towns, too, but with all the grief that Acapulco has gone through, this might be too much for the restaurant owners to ride out. Maybe that's the big guy's plan.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

The cooridination and planning on the construction was pretty poor. They could have done it section by section without affecting the whole area. A couple of days ago they managed to knock down 3 CFE posts.....they were supposed to hire a professional construction company......makes you wonder.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,971 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

I heard about the poles knocked down Resident. Someone from the La jolla had no power for 3 days.

In the last 8 days they have poured a lot of cement I have to say they are working hard.

Chicago
Level Contributor
483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

La Jolla had no electrocity for four days, which meant the refrigerators all defrosted, no air conditioning, no filters running in the pool and no running.water .

I would of found other accomodations.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magico Mundo Marino in Caleta/caletilla has closed.

I bet the Bor was out, then, too. I hope all this grief is worth it in the end.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco