We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

Day 1 Sat. Jan 19. Plane left SFO at 1:40am, normal flight to MEX but why do they have to turn on the lights at 3:30am to serve us that mystery meat sandwich again, still can’t figure out that thin slab of whitish meat? And that small bag of what’s called “Cracker Peanuts” hard outer shell that can break a tooth, oh right, I broke a crown before leaving. Woman on plane kept speaking to me in Spanish and I kept telling her I did not speak it but she kept on so I did what my mother used to do, smile and nod my head, wrong move as she talked more. There was a mix-up in which carrousel the bags came out so we all stood by the wrong one until an airport employee finally told us all it was three down but the bags took forever to come out then it’s into the x-ray machines again press the button and hope to get the green light and to the bas transfer. There is a line to go up the escalator, the darn thing is broken and we are behind a family that is stair challenged. We finally make it to our gate and find out the plane has not arrived yet and when it does we are 30 minutes late on takeoff but they make up the time. The poor flight attendants were so rushed to get the drink serves out before we landed it was too funny, like a 33rpm record at 45rpm. We get a cab from the kiosk and head towards Verlero y Galeon but on the way J ask the cabbie to stop by Costco, no can do. Turns out that they can’t stop by anywhere except the destination because they have to be back ASAP to the airport, like there are planes landing every 10 minutes, lesson learned. So we check in and the front desk tells us they do not have confirmation that we have a reservation, I knew it! The owner is rather flakey and each correspondence they we have had with her we give her the dates and 2 weeks before I emailed her if everything was set and she emailed back that it was, wrong! The last three years she claims that the deposit and full payment never reached her even though we send it months in advance so this year we sent the deposit and the finale payment by registered mail, can’t tell us it didn’t make it. The condo calls her in Chicago and she tells them that she had emailed them, no so they tell us because they would have a record. We go up and everything is closed up and the outdoor furniture is inside so we start putting the place together and in rushes the maid, she tells us that she did not know we were coming but we help set the place and off the WalMart for supplies. We buy tp, paper towns, food and the most important thing, margarita makings and vodka and wine, we are all set! Get a cab because we have a ton of stuff and they says to J 40 pesos, we get to the condo and I give him 50 and he tells me he does not have change, I knew that was coming but if he did I would have given him the 50 but no, so when J comes and tells him in his deep cop voice he comes up with the change, go figure. Get settled and its 5pm, drinks at Tabasco Beach with Rocky! I haven’t eaten since the mystery meat sandwich and 2 of Rocky’s drinks later with popcorn and I’m toast so we head upstairs for a short nap before La Mansion for dinner. We get back to the condo and J thinks he’s helping me in when he makes for the couch made out of cement and smashes his right shin on the corner and cuts himself, I get the blame though. He puts tp and scotch tape on it, lovely. Dinner was beef broth and cowboy steak for him and a salad and rib eye for me, with two drinks to start and wine we could not finish our meal so had to take it home. Here is an interesting thing, the wine was 85 pesos per glass and 400 a bottle but if you bout a bottle to go it was 290 pesos, I love ACA! We finish off with an apple martini for me and flan and Jack Daniel Manhattan on the rocks, that should kill him. Service here, Tabasco and the condo are great, got start and we start up to the condo for a night cap. Took a cool shower because the water heater is out, J thought I used all the hot water, in 5 minutes? What size is that thing?

Next up: Home improvement time.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

290 pesos? Was it 4 litres? :)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

No, it was the 750ml, it was a no brainer so we bought one to take up with us and later in the week we bought 2 more.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

Too funny as usual!! I'm surprised you all don't stock band aids and such lol.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

I did this trip but the cut on his leg was longer than one band aid could cover and would probably look like a centipede on his leg.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

SJC, did you thank J for taking your place on the first day re: the injury? Hope it was not a deep cut.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

Great stuff, SJC. I'm looking forward to watching the stars over the bay, tonight. Hope the charter is a quiet one.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

LaCallie, it wasn't too deep just long, snork I envy you, beck so soon, are you staying at the Bor?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

Day 2, Sunday Jan. 20. Day to relax and get over a long travel day, we get up at 10am and I jump in the shower, no hot water and the maintenance guy was up last night so Mr. “Pilot Light” goes to the water heater, it’s outside in the back of the penthouse and relights it again, were did he get the lighter? Good thing we are in ACA as the weather is warm enough that the water in the pipes is not really cold. Mr. “Caffeine Jolt” needs a Star$$ so we head down to the one in the Costa Azul area, as we are down there Mr. “Fix-It” wants to stop by WalMart to buy some light bulbs because a few are out in the condo, when was the last time someone was here? When Carter was in office? I like walking the Costera so much to see. The laundry mat in front of the Velero is no longer there and the new little mini mart next to Sushi Factory has a wood frame chicken wire as their security gate when they are closed, how safe! There is a new small bank or or something they are working on at the Glorieta traffic circle and the tools they have to use, like hand saws with no handles to cut pvc pipe in half so they can use it as a mold to shape the round edge of a concrete step, what ingenuity. Tacos Orient Alex is no longer there, CiCi was not that busy, KFC is now a fabric store, what they do with the deep fryers? Dying fabric in them? Notice the new restaurant La Choperia looks more bar than a restaurant like Acasun said, on to $$ and then WalMart. At WalMart we end up buying 2 plastic water pitchers because the ones we bought the last two years keeps disappearing, I say have it monogrammed. We come out and guess who is there asking if we need a taxi, hahahaha, no we take the bus. Back at the condo he changes the light bulbs that do not work and then he whips out from his back some halogen that he brought from home, he remembered that a few of the outdoor patio lights from last year was not working so he brought extras, when was the last time someone was here besides us? While working on the outside lights he needed pliers and a screwdriver and I go looking, in the closet in the bathroom I spot two large plastic bines on the top self so I pull one out and a chalk gun comes crashing down and missed my bare feet by an inch and the thing had a full canister of chalk on it. Find the tools and go out to the patio and hear cussing, Mr. “Fix-It” banged his left thumb with a hammer and a blood bruise started to form, well at least he’s balanced with wounds now. It’s 1pm and time for a Bloody Mary and he makes lunch with the leftover meat from last night. I put all the ingredients and looked to the Tabasco sauce, the is none, I ask Mr. “Chef” where is it, he tells me that he bought this Victoria salsa sauce instead because it was cheaper, half a bottle later and I think we can feel some heat but the mix is a little sweet, so much for saving money will pick up some real Tabasco sauce tomorrow. One other thing I like to put in my mix is garlic salt, the stuff we bought did not dissolve well and I had to use a whisk to break it down, nice frothy mix I might say. It was overcast all day but still nice and warm. For dinner it’s grill chicken with grilled veggies and a bottle of white and a bottle of red, or was those 2 whites and one red and vodka tonics? Once the sun goes down we turn all the patio lights on, you could probably land a helicopter here with all that light.

Next up, RAIN?!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

Sounds more like work then a vacation lol. What Orientalex closed?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best 3 weeks in ACA, went too fast

The one near La Europea.