We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money should I bring???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal Qc
12 posts
Save Topic
How much money should I bring???

I am kind of on a budget and plan on only bringing about 120 american....Is this ok or am I risking it. Let me know how much you think is a good amount to bring so I can go to clubs and eat at a restuarant outside of the all inclusive thing. I am not intrested in souvenirs and stuff...Just the basics!

Thanks

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money should I bring???

LiziBizy, 120.00 us won't get you very far outside the all inclusive comfort, while ladies night at the nightclubs will give you a break (about 15 Dlls.U.S.) any other night you'll pay about 20 to 25 dlls. and eating outside of the hotel cost about the same as in Canada.

Montreal Qc
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money should I bring???

SO what would you say is a good amount to bring?

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money should I bring???

200 to 250 dlls. to be safe.

London On
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money should I bring???

I would say at least 300 american. But i know how hard that can be to get if your on a budget. The first time i went thats how much i brought.. and a barely got by. I had to borrow money to go out each night. It is expensive. Depending on what hotel you are staying at you may have to eat out more than once...if the food isnt that good.

Where are you staying>

Montreal Qc
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money should I bring???

I am staying at Copacabana....Eating isn't a probalem....I made it through a week in Cuba eating bread only...I think I can survive another week, hopefully the food will be better....As long as I have money to go out to the clubs

venice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money should I bring???

Acapulco is expensive! Taxies alone will cost you anywhere from 30 pesos to 80 pesos depending on the hotel you are staying at and your ability to hagel. If you are staying over on the princess side the avarage taxi will run you 300 pesos to get into town where all the action is. If you want to eat out on the town expect each meal to run you 300 pesos to 900 pesos. There are less expensive places to eat (100% Natural is great) but fast food like Burger King ect... they are more expensive than up north. The clubs all have a door fee, usually $30 U.S. bucks and some include drinks with that. There are bars in the Condesa area that dont usually have a door fee during the day that are alot of fun and right on the water. $120 isnt much in Acapulco. On avarage, the exchange rate in bars ect. is a 10 to 1. Last time I checked the exchange rate, it was about 11.25. Just to be safe, bring more money and you will probably have a better time. My friend standing next to me while writing this said "a minimum of $120 U.S. a day". Have a great vacation

venice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How much money should I bring???

Acapulco is expensive! Taxies alone will cost you anywhere from 30 pesos to 80 pesos depending on the hotel you are staying at and your ability to hagel. If you are staying over on the princess side the avarage taxi will run you 300 pesos to get into town where all the action is. If you want to eat out on the town expect each meal to run you 300 pesos to 900 pesos. There are less expensive places to eat (100% Natural is great) but fast food like Burger King ect... they are more expensive than up north. The clubs all have a door fee, usually $30 U.S. bucks and some include drinks with that. There are bars in the Condesa area that dont usually have a door fee during the day that are alot of fun and right on the water. $120 isnt much in Acapulco. On avarage, the exchange rate in bars ect. is a 10 to 1. Last time I checked the exchange rate, it was about 11.25. Just to be safe, bring more money and you will probably have a better time. My friend standing next to me while writing this said "a minimum of $120 U.S. a day". Have a great vacation

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco