We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Event

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Event

Not sure exactly who or what is happening but they groomed the beach between velero and calinda hotel this morning and then tore that up with tractors and brought in a life guard stand. Now there is a flag pole with platforms, boardwalks etc and they are still working it tonite. Curious what that's about so maybe we will see in the AM.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Event

Very possibly this is related to the 1st. Hot Air Ballon Festival of Acapulco tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150787-i177-k5862…

Level Contributor
1,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Event

So this morning we have a 30x60 foot tent and a banner about the certification of Acapulco's clean beaches. Not sure about who the speaker will be but I expect someone with clout.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Event

Don't drink the water, yet (lol). Rudy, we have balloon festivals in my town and they are awesome. Hope they pull it off.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Event

Amazing how they can pull things to gether so fast here!!

I always am surprised to see something new appear seemingly overnight...

This is a good example....Happens here many times so one has to keep their eye on the ball!!!

Edited: 10:28 am, November 01, 2012
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Event

Looks like the speaker will be the governor

Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Event

I am pretty certain the balloon show was intended as an advertisement for some condos. They said first annual on the site when I discovered it and then tourbyvan began advertising it here. It may not even happen, it's not an official Acapulco Event. I have been following up with some people in California that have 2 balloons at their winery and they say Balloons here could be dangerous because of the wind patterns and could blow the balloons into the mountains.

What you are seeing on the beach today is a demonstration by the department of health to tell people how safe the water in the Acapulco bay is. From what I understand it is safer this year but there has also been substantially less rainfall and less runoff as a result.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Event

As I mentioned too the balloons will be tied down, NO FLYING them from here, as Yes!! the winds are not favorable to our Bay area.

Probably would end up out by Tres Vidas or Barra vieja or ??? And being as our terreno/land is not very developed or very rustic, (not many roads) getting the balloon and pilot back might me somewhat a problem???

Edited: 12:03 pm, November 01, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Event

The drug cartels might get ahold of 'em and use 'em to smuggle drugs. :(

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
773 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Event

Speaking of ballons what happened to the one at CiCi? I know it's been gone for some time but I remember seeing it from Velero.

Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Event

There was a balloon at CiCi but it has been gone for many years. I think it said Nescafe on the side of it. I went up in like 2003 or 2004 and it was cool but I was a little nervous. They still have a big swing though I think. I like the wave pool it's cool. Gee, haven't been there in a long time.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco