We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym in Aca

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Gym in Aca

Is there a gym in Acapulco like Bally fitness? I would like to join a gym but don't know of any large gyms in the Area. Any thoughts? Do any of the hotels with gyms offer a membership plan?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
MIAMI
Level Contributor
814 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym in Aca

The Fiesta Americana has a gym you can join.

Mentioned in this post
Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco
Fiesta Americana Villas...
1,664 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym in Aca

Go to a cantina with a band and pay a lady 5 pesos to dance with you. Who needs a gym on vacation?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym in Aca

I think they have some sort of gym along the costera not far east of the zocolo on the zocolo side of the street. They have a long row of stationary bicycles lined up on the 2nd floor looking out over the costera which appeared to be well-occupied at night whenever I went by on the bus. Made me laugh thinking about how much more fun it is just walking the beach as opposed to riding a stationary bicycle.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym in Aca

Snork.....you're a riot! I'll have to remember that if I ever have the strange urge for exercise other than hoisting Corona bottles all day! lol!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
806 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym in Aca

There is a Body Fitness Center at Damian Churruca 215

Col:Costa Azul. Have passed by it on our way to Nautilus Gym. Body Fitness looks much biger than Nautilus. There was one west of Park Papagayo but I don't know if that one is still there.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costa Azul
Hotel Costa Azul
37 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym in Aca

hey thanks.

I am Googling now.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gym in Aca

Above Carmenere's restaurant is another gym, can't remember the name,. looked nice and spacious as opposed to the Nautilus which gives me claustrophobia.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
806 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gym in Aca

Rolynn, I remember before Nautailus was remodeled, now that was claustrophobic. The bathrooms are so much nicer before I would not go in.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gym in Aca

Nice to see you Rolynn!! And I agree that gym looked pretty nice...The Fiesta's is very small and I am not sure most woulf like it....I've only seen it on the way to laundry lol...

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gym in Aca

Thanks Truck, hope you guys made it through all right, the pictures are pretty overwhelming. I used to go to Breezy Point as a kid, so sad to see those homes gone.

I just got back and haven't been off the hill, but I think I've been to the remodeled Nautilus. Still very small, IMHO, and it doesn't have any view.

Would love a gym with "the view"