We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acabus II

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Acabus II

As an Acapulcan I was happy to see the awakened interest in our beloved City news. I will try to keep those of you attracted posted.

The City of Acapulco is going through a lot of very positive changes. Here there are a number of very recent photographs (in a Video) taken along the "old" section of Acapulco and the Cuauhtémoc (second most important) Avenue.

http://youtu.be/7QN3YvnQlkc

The State Government has kept almost in secrecy the places and times (possibly because the many economical interest affected) at which these works take place and will be over, the general idea however is these will take about a year.

Hope you enjoy it!

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acabus II

Cool. Combine that with upgrades on the road to PDLC, things are starting to happen again. Viva Acapulco.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Acabus II

Thanks for putting that video together Rudy. With all the road construction and the present buses added to it everyone can see what a headache it is to drive here at the moment. It's all going to be well worth it when it's finished. I can't wait!!! I also like the new touches of landscape in the planter boxes along the Costera. I was reading yesterday that the new bus system will vary in cost depending on where you depart from and your final destination. I believe it was from six pesos to nine pesos. If you board up around Zapata it will be a total of nine pesos to reach the Base area.

Edited: 5:48 pm, August 31, 2012
Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acabus II

I think that's great having varied fares on the bus. At nine pesos it is cheaper than the collectivo which it does away with. This bus should alleviate traffic which is aok in my book. You're right Dray, the new plant boxes are nice.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acabus II

If history has taught us anything, it's what a politician promises and deliver are often two different things. I'm as optimistic as anyone but there is a point when talk becomes cheap. Not to mention, putting new sidewalks/roads in isn't the same as keeping them clean and in one piece.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acabus II

Great show but reminds me of all the headches we deal with daily during this mess°°°

I hope with all my heart for the best working system, cleanliness and well maintained of course too!! ;-)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acabus II

Nice vid, Rudy. It appears that a lot of progress is going on, and Acapulco is getting a real facelift. Now to get those cruise ships to return along with more frequent airline flights.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acabus II

btw Rudy, have you heard anything about what's going on at the old Carlos n' Charley's location, which I've heard is an empty lot right now?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acabus II

Nothing!!!

Still on hold ...

Nothing moving at all there (took your advice on the window view from TG)

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acabus II

A few new places poping up here and there.....

Not dead yet!!!

The Coronel left the corner in front of Oceanic 2000

Moved to better pluckin’out of town!!!

KFC

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Acabus II

I don't (won't) miss FFC, that is an American resturant. No need for that in ACA, there are so many good authentic resturants.