We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone know?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
anyone know?

Resident or allday with your contacts and out and about goings on do you know for sure what is the cable being dug for specifially along the costera?

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone know?

The best that I can ascertain, is that it's more fiber optics for high speed internet?????? and that info isn't from any source, just from my observations. Whatever they are doing, the work appears to be halted and it's a PITA to drive in the inside lane!!!! Someone said it was for acabus (HAHAHAHA) of course, I ruled that one out right away......sources in low places sometimes, I swear :)

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone know?

For the new security cameras, confirmed by the people in charge of them. I wish they had been a bit more intelligent and placed al of the power lines, cable and telephone lines underground now that they were ripping the sidewalks.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone know?

Cool, more cameras that don't work????????????

Haha, I guess that makes sense too, as the chiropractor at the top of the hill mentioned that they had installed a camera, with no connections.

Will the normal people be able to view them???? Probably not, huh?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone know?

Oh Dude, you have me laughing..........Why install them all at once when you can do it over and over again never making it look aesthetically nice? and charge more money again?

Sorry, guess I'm having a bad day!!

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone know?

HAHAHA, acasun, I think that is pretty funny too!

Then again, buy stock in CEMEX!!!!!

Edited: 7:02 pm, May 09, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone know?

"Then again, buy stock in CEMEX!!!!!"

I did, sold it for a nice little profit, price fell, and I re-bought. I bought it b/c I wanted to own a small slice of Mexico!

I hope this 2nd time around is as good as the first. But, so far, haven't had the same results as the first time around. I'm still holding, though.

Edited: 10:56 am, May 10, 2012
Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone know?

The original plan was to have a few of them be available online for the general public to see and the operators were going to sell advertising space on those uplinks, a selfsustaining operation (on paper).

We have 32 cameras in our CCTV and pay a small fortune on maintenance and replacements (life span of each camera so close to the sea, no more than 3 years) and I honestly don't believe it will work without state or city funding.

The project is to have a 911 office with GPS enabled police patrol cars, state of the art CCTV with trained operators that can zoom in on incidents and send out patrol cars while following the bad guys in real time on the over 1000 cameras that will be layed out through out the city and sorrounding areas from Barra Vieja to Pie de la Cuesta, Renacimiento, Coloso, Colosio and Zapata. A very ambitious project that was supposed to have started in December along with operation Safe Guerrero, but, due to this being an election year, a whole lot of red tape and ever rising costs, they just started a few months ago.

I have been to a couple of meetings where they pitched the sale, I mean project, we might buy some advertising space in our heck of the woods, and I will give you guys the heads up once they start doing live feeds for the general public.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone know?

Unfortunately, being an election year, means cleaning out the coffers before you leave. Gotta have plenty of ‘walkin’ away’ money, dontcha know……….. They won’t pay the garbage trucks, CFE, CAPAMA (hey, but we got a new director again!) ---- but, hey, we got a new stadium being built though. No permits or anything, but, who needs stinking permits anyway, right???

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone know?

Oh Gawd. Cameras taking pictures of milky white tourists being drunk and stupid. I'll never live it down (lol).

Forest Lake, MN
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone know?

Snork Maybe they will let you pay so no one else sees it. LOL