We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking In

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Checking In

Flight went smoothly considering I was borderline drunk. Slept all the way to Acapulco:) Rudy was right on and met me at the airport. He filled me in on the gloom that was this summer. Things have picked up and the holiday season was hopefully a sign of return to ¨normalcy¨, whatever that will bring. Subtle signs remain. A usually shy people seem even more so. The locals have been hurt the most. The guns and drug violence turned to extortion and many people paid a terrible price. They welcome the police presence. I was welcomed at the Bor by the house doberman ¨Cano¨. The pool was a thick soup but this morning they are working on it and it should clear up in a day or so. Went to Raquel´s for breakies and to my delight, Livein and Chela were already seated. So nice to see old friends. I had Dorado and shrimp for dinner last night at the Cabana. Still some snowbirds. Things are looking up. One subtle change I noticed was the early morning bun and orange hawkers aren´t so vocal with the loud speakers. They used to make a Canadian want to pull the trigger. Now it seems they are keeping their heads down, so to speak (lol). I child at the Zocalo was wearing a Cancun teeshirt. Gonna catch a bus to PDLC and see where I end up. Will check in daily. Cheers!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
733 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking In

Glad to hear you are there and warm. Let us know how the night life shapes up? Thanks...

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking In

Glad to here the Bor was open for you. I still might end up there if I bite the bullet on these ridiculously high air fares.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checking In

Glad to hear that you've landed safe and sound and that the Bor is back in business! Yes Aca did have some very rough months last summer, but when I was there everything seemed safe and sound, and despite the rough times that they had gone through, you could sense their optimism for the future.

note to RFNJ.... I think that there may be a reason why snork chooses to go there during the slowest week of Aca's winter season?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checking In

by the way snork, don't just take any bus marked PDLC.... you need the one that says "PDLC: Playa" or "Playa Luces" on it or it will stay on the main road and not turn onto the beach section. Been there, done that :-)

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checking In

Have a Pacifico for me. Can you give us a gringo count for the last 24 hours?

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Checking In

Have 1 for me too!!! And Lacallie I don't think he cares where he ends up lol!! As long as the Cervesa is cold.

Peterborough & the...
Level Contributor
487 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Checking In

Snork

This is better than 20/20 or 60 minutes knowing you are there and can provide honest, no hold barred reporting.

Any word on Paradise, Barbaroja, Mango's, Tacos & Beer, Tabaras etc.

Many Gringo's or not and what is the Costera like after 9:00 pm.

Thanks so much

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Checking In

"knowing you are there and can provide honest, no hold barred reporting."

yeah, especially knowing that myself, MiAmora, Dewey, SteveMex, and all the Aca residents reporting recently from the ground there are such big fat liars...

(slap)

and btw, snork, please count alllll of those scary shell casings that you've undoubtedly been stepping on, mkay? :-)

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Checking In

Glad to hear you had a safe trip Snork and you are now back at your home away from home, enjoy your vacation and save some cerveza and sunshine for the rest of us!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
733 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Checking In

LaCallie, not for nothing, but I didn't picture you as a big Tabares fan, haha : )

Not that I am<cough> <cough> I swear.

I am just teasing, of course.

Edited: 7:50 pm, January 04, 2012