We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

I,m going for the New Year´s partying to Acapulco, been there 10 years ago.

Any recommendation for budget hotel, best New Year´s Eve party and security issues.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

All of the major tourist hotels and the local tourist hotels are safe. In the Traditional, Golden or Diamante zone. Try not to stay at the Casa Inn, as that is were many of the Federales are staying. It's safe but with that many there it might feel intimidating. I stayed across the street last week at Hotel Marbella, by Baby O's and they were doing a shift change, so at that time there were alot of Federales there for about 30 minutes. but we did everything we wanted to do, from the shopping downtown to the Zocolo, to Pie de lequesta. We were and felt safe all the time. Went to banks and ATM's. Plenty of good people around. The beaches are all safe. People are even staying later to enjoy the sunset and later. What places are you looking at?

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

Usually you would be hard pressed to get a NYE reservation. You may have lucked out this year. The party should be all over the costera. I'll be coming in on the 3rd just to scrape up the leftovers :)

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

Robert

You may have to look around to find a place that can accomodate you at this late date despite tourist traffic being down. This would qualify as the busiest time of the year so budget is pretty much non existent.

Some of the nicer but less expensive options on the strip where much of the festivities are may already be booked. The Romano Palace and Tortuga are smack in the middle of everything and I would be even they are sold out at this point in time.

Some may be able to recommend some places off the strip where you can probably get a more affordable option.

San Jose
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

We choosed the Brisas was OK, but Acapulco too crowded, this year we go to Costa Rica.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

LOL "too crowded". You betcha, Robert. That's why I chose to arrive January 3rd. Don't blame Acapulco for its popularity over the holidays. Good luck with Costa Rica.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

And you originally asked about "budget" accommodations, then stayed at Las Brisas? In legal terms, that's called sucking and blowing at the same time. Cheers.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

LoL Las Brisas?? Yeah not so much of a budget huh Snork?? You pick a good time Snork right after all the Craziness!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

New Years is a fascinating time to be there if you don't plan on driving or getting around on the Costera other than on foot. Also fascinating is the contrast between New Years and the week after; night and day. There's nothing like those fireworks all around the bay though.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

Too crowded on NYE...I sure hope so. And I suppose Costa Rica won't be crowded...

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year´s Eve in Acapulco

Look at the start date of this thread. It's almost a year old!

Edited: 1:40 am, September 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco