We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Topic
jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

I know you are staying at the MP or GM...when? We are going in March. If you are there before us, let me know if it is at all possible to make the walk to the street in front to catch a bus. For the majority of our trip, we will use Arturo, but would like to know if this is at all possible....or feesible?

In the Mayan Riviera, the MP had transportation to take visitors to the highway to catch local busses.

If anyone else has an answer to this, please post

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

I must have confused Jim with someone else?! Thought he was staying at the Fiesta Inn (or Americana)? Maybe he had a change of plans along the way ... ?

Ron

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

jim is staying at the sea garden if iam not mistaken....and mom i have seen a type of trolly car from the mayan out there but not to sure how far it takes you or what it is used for ......will ask around and let you know.....zzaa

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

No, there isn't any transportation to the highway. And it's a LONG walk from the lobby. Maybe 1 to 1-1/2 miles. Then you would have to cross the 5 lanes of traffic after you got to the highway with cars traveling at the speed of sound! (Not really, but fast!)

Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

tiredmom,

I am leaving this coming Sunday and will be at the Sea Garden.

"hstntx" is the expert on the Mayan's in ACA, he's been there many times. This will be my first time there. I had thought about taking a cab to Walmart and then catching a bus from there. Walmart is suppose to be a short trip from the Mayan Resorts. But from what I understand it may take awhile to get a bus from Walmart.

Ron,

Yes... I did change my mind about the Fiesta Inn. I waited too long and the price went up after the first of the year. Then I was offered a two bedroom condo at the Mayan Sea Garden for far less than the price at the Fiesta Inn.

Jim

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: jmeinhardt.....mayan palace....or anyone who has been there.

hstntx....I guess I figured it would be a loooong way....every Mayan I have been to is set up that way, but the others had trollys or golf carts to take you to the entrance. I didn't realize the MP in Riviera Maya had them until our vacation was almost over...OOPS!!!

ZZAA give it a check when you are in the area to make sure it hasn't been overlooked. Thanks. I know they didn't have alot of them, but they were there.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations