We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A "Milk" Question ...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A "Milk" Question ...

Okay - I happen to be a big-time "milk" drinker (with pastries, cookies, etc. - to go along with it). Nothing beats a tall glass of c-o-l-d milk! In recent years, I've switched from Whole to 2% ... after much badgering from my doctor (who I see once a year for an annual physical) - though I still occasionally drink Whole.

When we were last in ACA (and wherever we travel, for that matter), I had a hard time finding "real" milk (like one would find in the States) - but then again, never went to a supermarket - just whatever was nearby the hotel. Ended up buying containers of milk "off the shelf" (not refrigerated) - and packing them into our ice bucket. Not too bad - BUT ... can I find what I'm really looking for (in Acapulco) - or is that "shelf stuff" considered to be ACA's form of milk?

Ron47

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

I think Oxxo stores sell fresh milk, but I could be wrong. If I was in your shoes, I'd opt for the boxed stuff because with that heat and lack of refrigerated trucks, who knows what condidtion the regular milk will be in. All the hotels should be able to provide milk.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

hi ron you are looking for leche lala in the refriderator section in any supermarket and in the oxxos too...but it doesnt come in the square type box it will come in a normal quart of milk type of deal....the packing is white with red letters and it has a boy jumping in the air.....also in the supermarkets you will find other brand names as far as fresh milk goes....just keep your eyes open for the expirey date.....you should be fine....bottoms up....lol....zzaa

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

Ron, I know exactly what you mean! I buy LaLa whenever we are in Mexico. If I remember correctly, it comes only as whole milk. I wasn't as much as a trooper as you; I couldn't drink the boxed milk. Then I found LaLa and didn't try to acquire the taste for the boxed.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

Need4 -

Yes - hotel has milk - but, if it's after the restaurant has closed (and I'm sitting out on the balcony with an itch for sweets - and a tall glass of milk ...) - get the picture, amigo?

Zzaa -

Good news. Thanks. LaLa with the jumping boy - got it.

Is there an Oxxo's nearby the Fiesta Inn? Whereabouts (east or west)?

HstnTx -

Glad to know that I'm not the only one with this hang-up. Whole milk is just fine with me (I'm not gonna be THAT fussy!). Anyway - the box served the purpose last time - but I couldn't wait to get home for some real stuff. Will be on the lookout for LaLa.

Ron47

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

Yes Ron, you have to buy the LaLa in the refrigerator case.

If by chance you get to Costco, they sell real American milk, and that is if you get that refrige too!! as it is a gallon and last far past the expiration date!! (good USA quality) 2% and skim only!! It is soooo good, I have a hard time with Milk here too, so I try to get it there when I can!!

But otherwise LaLa and they have like 2% too but has a funny taste?? to me anyways! I have gone around and around with them but that one is filled outside of Aca.

OXXO is both to the left and right of the FIESTA INN!! Many!!! Probably up hill is closer, out and to the left!

acasun..............

p.s. Val can mix the milk too with "nescafe cool" and over ice for her iced coffee!! LOL

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

Acasun -

Thanks a million. Have printed out all of this info - so as not to forget once we're there.

Buenas Noches ...

Ron47

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

ummmmmm .....i saw last night on tv a commercial for the hyatt....chocomania.....and they showed all these different types of chocolate desserts very very wide selection all you can eat type of deal for only 69 pesos......i think they only have this once a week.....but i will have to take a look at that commercial once again.....opps i forgot what day......for 69 pesos and they way they do their.... pastries at the hyatt.....now thats a deal.....my sister-inlaw went to the new applebees at the gallerias diana and had a very small piece of tasteless cheese cake for 60 pesos......i say if you like good desserts....stay away from applebees and check out the hyatt.....i will check that day out for you all.....zzaa

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

RonVal,

OOoppsss, get that eraser out as I made a mistake about OXXO !! It is out your door to the Costera and to the right, in front of VIPS!!

Best bet as I am sure the milk moves faster there than alittle store!!

Moooooo

acasun............

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

dont worry about the fresh leche lala....the lala man goes into the oxxo stores...everyday to change the fresh milk....i got that one from a insider at lala....lol....have a nice nite....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A "Milk" Question ...

Thanks, again - you two!

Can't wait to get to "LaLa Land"! LOL!

Ron46

P.S. I think AcaSun's been "hitting the milk" a little too heavy these days?! Mooooooo???!

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations