We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

senor ron....this is for you

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Topic
senor ron....this is for you

hi ron i just made a phone call to the crowne plaza to ask about the renovations on the hotel....just getting the right answer for someone who asked....by the way renovations are over and done with.....and i was informed that next week in the lobby of the hotel...a show will be taking place....a mexican show with the the tradicional mexican dances and the famous indian flyers from papantla....and the best part about this news is ......no cover....no charge to see this show.....just what you want to consume drinks or food....i also asked if there were going to be any mariachis and the person who gave me the info said .....iam not to sure but when the show begins for me to call back and she will give me this info....this sounds good ron....have a drink and enjoy the show....she also said that she will be able to give me the show time later on today....it was just the operator that gave me the info ....the person in charge hadnt arrived at work yet ...well i did make the call at 7am...lol...so i will get back to you with show times and mariachi news....things are looking up amigo....viva acapulco....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: senor ron....this is for you

Barcha -

We thank you for looking into the Crowne Plaza's "new" Fiesta event. Sorry you folks didn't come away with what you anticipated - but glad you took time to share the details. Sounds to us like there are many kinks to be worked out - and that the C.P. folks aren't an overly friendly bunch of people. We'll steer clear - and maybe(?) try the dinner-show at L.B.'s "El Mexicano" (which is also reportedly MX$650/pp).

GM -

We agree with the gist of your posting (re: ACA and a lack of cultural entertainment). For some odd reason, those who pull the strings "just don't get it"! It would seem that, in light of the recent catastrophe on the Yucatan, now is an opportune time to for ACA's promoters to (re-)establish some of what's missing or been lost along the way. The former (more public) Fiesta Mexicana would be a start. [Something generally affordable!] Nonetheless, our tentative plans have us dining at Las Brisas on a Friday night (we actually enjoy their Bella Vista restaurant - food, ambience, & view - though it is a tad on the expensive side); and, if their El Mexicano restaurant is then open (and offering the dinner/show), we may decide to try it out (instead of Bella Vista). [Heard that the views from El Mexicano are equally stunning.] As for the Crowne - at US$65/pp, they can keep it - IMO.

Buenas Tardes, all ...

Ron39

Dallas Tx
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: senor ron....this is for you

Ron.

The funny thing is that we went to Crowne Plaza because I am a priority club member of the hotel, and I stay at their LaGuardia airport location in NY at least 10 times a year.

As a matter of fact even if I fly out of JFK I will stay at the CP at LaGuardia every time.

It has always been a wonderful hotel with excellent service.

You just never know.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco