We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Falls, Iowa
12 posts
Save Topic
Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

Well I guess the main thing that caught our attention as far as all-inclusive goes is the drinks! What were really looking for in a honey moon is to relax by or in a nice pool with a SWIM UP BAR. We would like the resort to have a nice beach, with the usual wind surfing, paddle boats, beach volleyball, and various other beach activities. As far as food, for the most part we stick with what we already know we like, though we are open to trying a LITTLE bit of new food. What else, oh what is the temperature like in mid January? We have seen charts showing that the average weather in January is 66-84. Is that going to seem warm enough to be in the water? In Iowa, 60's and 70's are a bit cool to be in the water. Does this help at all as far as recommending us a great place for a honeymoon any better? I will check out some of the places that you all recommended. Thank you all sooooo much for your input. Its been very much appreciated and I look forward to any other ideas or comments you all have! Have a great day and we'll talk soon.

Dave

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

hi dave....check out the acapulco emporio i think this is the one for you....it has everything you just described and it is less $$$$ too....happy planning let us know if you need any more help....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

DAVE -

1. "As far as food, for the most part we stick with what we already know we like ... "

If you can give us all an idea as to "what" exactly it is "that you like" - we can help point you in the right direction.

2. " ... what is the temperature like in mid January? "

In a word - HOT! And sunny! And HOT! Likely low-90s during the height of the day - cools off "just enough" at night to make for very pleasant conditions.

3. "Is that going to seem warm enough to be in the water?"

You will be dying to get in the water! And - if you're "water people", you'll probably spend a fair amount of time IN the water. [Laying in the sun - you get very warm - very fast!] BTW ... watch out for the sun's rays (if either of you burn easily). We suggest you start "tanning" - if there's a place in Iowa near you - about a month before you plan to leave for ACA. And DO go (to tan) faithfully. That's what we do - to avoid any chance of "burning". Works great!

That should answer some of your concerns ...

Ron73

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

P.S.

DAVE -

As for that chart that says 66-84 degrees for "temps" - I would say (from our experience last January) that it's not even close! Don't necessarily believe ALL that you see on the 'net. It will be plenty HOT for you - and, if I can recall correctly,it'll dip down into the "upper-70s to low-80s" at night (all depending on weather patterns during your stay).

Furthermore - regarding an "AI" hotel (if that's what you really want to do) - Zzaa makes an excellent suggestion (the Emporio). It's located about mid-Costera ... easy access to either end of the Bay. I would STRONGLY suggest that you (and/or your fiancee) "make the time" to go to the Hotels section on this website (see "Acapulco Hotels" tab) - and read up on a few hotels listed (including the Emporio). These reviews are from other travelers - and it'll give you a better picture.

Incidentally - what "price range" ($$$ per night) are you looking at? That would also help us give you ideas. [Let us know what your "maximum" is.]

Happy Planning!

Ron73

Cedar Falls, Iowa
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

We're looking to be there 1-14-06 through 1-21-06 and would like to try and keep the total trip (airfair, resort, food, drinks, entertainment.....) under $3,000. Is this realistic or are we too optomistic?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

DAVE -

Good news for you! THAT is more than realistic! And I'll give you an example ...

My wife and I will arrive in ACA on January 13 - and we're staying for 13 nights - in an ocean-front room with a wrap-around balcony overlooking the Bay AND the beach - at the Fiesta Inn (which we have taken a liking to). It's NOT an "AI" - but our package out of New York (including air/hotel/taxes/transfers) came to $2600. Of course, we have to spend $$$ for eats/drinks/activities - but, as I said, that's a package for 2 weeks.

Between Zzaa & Ibeefa & myself (and maybe others), we should be able to help you out a bit.

[I assume that the $3000 you say - must include your spending money, too?]

Ron73

Cedar Falls, Iowa
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

Hey thats great news!! Yes the $3,000 would include spending money too. So you would recommend the Emporio? I'll have to look at that one. It is an all-inclusive you said? I've heard that if you do decide to stay at an all-inclusive that you need to pick a resort that has the all-inclusive only option, otherwise you can run into problems. Well if between the three of you, you think you can find what I'm looking for, I'm all ears and very much look forward to your ideas and thoughts. Beaches, food, DRINKS, pool(s), swim up bar, beach activities, maybe a little bit of clubbing if its available, maybe venture outside the resort if its an option, but mainly lots of relaxing and fun carefree days. Okay, take it away guys and thanks SO much!

Dave

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey Zaaaa and other experts, follow up honeymoon question...

DAVE -

Don't have a bunch of time at the moment - but, I'll give you some ideas.

First - the Emporio - 1/14 to 1/21 (7 nights)

You can book a package ( at the moment - but always subject to change, until you book) at www.travelocity.com - and it would cost you $2400 including air from Cedar RAPIDS (don't know if that's where you'd fly from?) - connecting through Dallas.

And that's "AI". Check it out.

Second - just for your info - I checked the Fiesta Inn (for the hell of it) through www.sunburstvacations.com - same dates/etc. - NOT "AI" (but cheaper package) - $1891 with an ocean-view room (which is what we had last January) - $2100 for the ocean "front" room (with the double-balcony). Just to give you some idea.

But I know you're lookin' for that "AI" - so maybe the Emporio is what you're after.

Anyway - that's all for now - do some reading - let us know where you're at.

Ron73