We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Place

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast Place

Whats the name of the good breakfast place on the beach, I walked the Costera once and took the bus once, I think it is across from the park. Can you walk down the beach from Fiesta Americana. I remember it as being very good. About three places together

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Place

Bocano Beach , which is across from the entrance to Papagauyo, at the flag.

You cannot walk all the way on the beach to the park from Fiesta Americana. There is an interruption by Diana Circle.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Place

It does sound like Bocana Hank I know mn & joybee have had breakfast there before ...but you can walk it without a problem but it is a decent walk on the beach from the FA. I walk to the Emporio regularly but sometimes due to the tide the beach is very sharply slanted and not sure how you would like that.

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Place

Hank I know this doesn't answer your original question...but down past the Emporio on the street side we did try the buffet place at the Hotel Hacienda Marie Eugenia it was pretty good......lots of fresh fruit.....mexican specialties......pancakes....bacon....pozole........can't quite remember how much but it was probably$ 8-9 a person....plus you could just order something else if you didn't want the buffet....

We also tried Tabasco beach at the Malibu....and it was very good.....and really clean.....you could smell the cleanliness( I was thrilled) I threw that in there for your wife Hank....there were 6 of of and almost all had omlettes....one had the fresh fruit and yogurt......and juices and coffees and I don't know why but I thought it was very reasonable 480 pesos.....

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Place

Mom

Tobasco beach @ the Hotel Malibu is really terrific and is probably our favorite..I will get down there a few times this coming trip but for the most part we plan on using the room for breakfast this year. It just makes sense especially since we are on the go alot and eat out so many other times.

The Maria Eugenia we tried last year also and your correct the buffet is about 8 USD and it was more then good enough for us. I did not notice or they may not have had the Pozole when I was there but everything else was good.

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast Place

Mom I think I will Try Tabasco beach at the Malibu This year My wife wont be with me this trip just Tres Amigos. We always plan on Breakfast but it turns out to be Beer and something else a little later in the Day, Fishing Days especially. The first full day there we plan to do the hotel Buffet and pool day to get in shape for the week. ROFL

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast Place

Hank I'm sure you had the buffet at the FA before it is really terrific...we actually had it included with our room in Nov.......but we still went out a couple of mornings just for a change....

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast Place

Unless it's something new (?), I don't recall pozole either @ Maria Eugenia's breakfast buffet - and we've done it several times now.

Maybe thinking of 'chilaquiles' (which they do offer at the buffet)?

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Mexico…

It's a very good buffet for the price, though - and very conveniently located (across from the Emporio, Playa Suites, and the Crowne Plaza). Can't go wrong (especially for those who wake up with a big appetite).

Edited: 8:05 am, January 09, 2010
NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast Place

Tabasco beach, back of the Malibu is very good for breakfast. Great service, quite reasonable, clean tables and of course the view.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
69 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast Place

Hi

Yes, the restuarant Is Bocano Beach. Great breakfast and very reasonable.

Good bacon there and plenty to eat. Good omelettes! very reasonable last year around 30 pesos for a lot of food.

Also a good place to hang out on beach and have lunch.

2 for 1 all the time... or at least for the last few years!

Jean

MIAMI
Level Contributor
819 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast Place

What, no Sanborn's at the Calinda in the mix? overlooking the water and a chance to shop at the same time!