We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
RT1
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

OHHH NOOO!! Now I am even more confused. I never bothered to look at the Camino Real before but now I just took a look and it looks beautiful. Is this the type of hotel that if we wanted to just stay at the resort for a couple days we would have enough to do? What is very attractive about the Fairmont is the pools look BEAUTIFUL, there's lots of restaurants, it seems like there is plenty to do if we decided to stay at the resort a couple days. Anyone who has stayed at Camino Real...please help! ANyone else too!!!

Also, how far is this resort from "town"...or from anything for that matter.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

They are both beautiful hotels and if you want to stay at the hotel then I would honestly suggest the Princess as they do have a variety of restaurant and come to that pool choices. But if you are not staying too long then Camino Real is great and if you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway perfect.

Regarding location Princess is the more accessible of the two as although Camino Real is actually closer to the Bay area it is down a huge hill and you really only have the option of taxis from the hotel if you want to leave, that is my only dislike about Camino Real.

Haven´t actually stayed at either :-( but am sure that whichever you decide suits your needs best you will enjoy. Hoefully someone can give you some first hand experiences. Good Luck!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,368 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

Tough choice!

But, as Ibeefa says, probably more activity (based on what I've read) at the Princess.

Camino Real - though more isolated - is, I would venture to say, more modern (in terms of its rooms (maybe, "more luxurious", is what I really mean)... but I could be corrected on that.

Once again - "tough choice"! Depends on what your priorities REALLY are. [As the saying goes (and it's usually true) - ya can't have everything! lol!]

RonVal76

Acapulco, Gro.
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

To start with your last question as to location: the airport is about 16 miles east of the city of Acapulco, which is surrounded by mountains. It isn't all that easy or inexpensive to get over the hills into Acapulco from either of the two hotels you mention.

The Camino Real sits on another little bay just east of Acapuco, called Puerto Marqués.

The Fairmont is farther east, closer to the airport and faces the open ocean with impressive waves. Originally the Pierre Marqués, is has been beautifully refurbished and is, I think, a much more luxurious choice.

The Fairmont company also operates the old Acapulco Princess, which is even closer to the airport than the Fairmont Pierre Marqués.

Hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,368 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

F.Y.I. - In my comments (above), I was simply trying to make the point that the "ROOMS" at the Camino Real (based on what I've read, heard, seen on the 'net) are probably much nicer (i.e. more appealing) than those of the Princess.

While we're on the subject, though - why is it that we hear very little (inquiries, comments, etc.) regarding the Fairmont Pierre Marques - or, for that matter, the Quinta Real??? I know little about either - but understand them (both) to be very nice (luxurious) facilities. Perhaps I should go read some of those hotel reviews!?

RonVal76

P.S. For any of you "local" folks ... would you care to "rate" these four hotels/resorts - the Princess, Pierre Marques, Camino Real, Quinta Real - simply by putting them in an order (starting with the "best" of the bunch) - with regard to their basic "luxuriousness" (all-around nice rooms, nice amenities/pools/grounds/etc., and restaurants). No big deal, here - just a general idea?

Mentioned in this post
Quinta Real Acapulco
Quinta Real Acapulco
136 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150787-i177-k2635…

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

please bear with me this is all new to me the computer iam now looking for a report on the camino real hotel too....its working ron look at me....zzaa.....lol....

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150787-i177-k2661…

yes it look like i did it yipppppppppppppi look at me....lol...zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

and now take a look at both of those posts and if i have repeated myself sorry just learning.....did you see that ron arent you proud of me....iam pretty proud of myself ....thanks alot....zzaa

Dayton, Oh
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

We are planning on staying at the Emporio Continental in Feb., but I was just looking at an ad and it said some rooms have air conditioning. Is it possible that the hotel is not air condition or if you pay the cheaper rate you don't get a room with air?

zzaa or whoever knows please let me know if all rooms are a/c

Thanks Babbles

Mentioned in this post
Emporio Acapulco Hotel
Emporio Acapulco Hotel
1,134 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Camino Real vs. Fairmont Acapulco Princess

no babbles this doesnt sound right to me....all rooms to my knowlegde have air cond.....just to be sure i will call tomorrow and get back to you ok....zzaa

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco