We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Acapulco?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Activities in Acapulco?

I have been to Acapulco years ago on a cruise and loved it. My husband and I are thinking of going to stay for two weeks mid April to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We are in our early to mid forty's, like to have fun but are not huge partyers. I like to get sun at the pool/beach - he doesn't. He likes ruins and other historical stuff. I have heard there is one ruins site there and a fort which would be right up his alley. We both enjoy shopping for Mexican crafts, boat tours to islands etc. or tours to little Mexican towns. He doesn't golf, fish or horseback ride. What other activities are there to keep us busy for two weeks as he won't lay for hours on the beach like me?

We are looking at staying at the Camino Real Acapulco Diamante. The reviews are wonderful. I realize it is in Puerto Marques - about a $10 US cab ride each way from town. We don't have children and don't really like to be surrounded by wild spring breakers or little kids on our holidays. We are concerned about the possible lack of entertainment at that hotel. We like to be able to relax in a bar/lounge and hear music - not sure if this hotel has any?? We are very fussy - we like to have a clean, safe place to stay with very good food and service and a little bit of luxury - perhaps a jacuzzi on the balcony. Price is a factor - we don't have an openended budget but are willing to pay for the right place. We don't mind having to take a taxi to see some entertainment but also don't want to be "forced" out of the hotel every night just to see some action. Not sure if this hotel has an "all inclusive" or not. We would prefer an "all-inclusive" if the food is good, but we also would eat out for dinner frequently to try all the restaurants. We usually always cruise, so we have never been to an all-inclusive, but we are fine diners and are very fussy about our food. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

not a problem ......if you need anything else just let me know iam still waiting for a phone call from villa vera....lol...i will post you as soon as i have the info......adios zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

Just a few (hopefully brief) remarks ...

1. Our 1st vacation to ACA last January - loved it - safety was a non-issue. Zzaa & Need4Speed have said it all in a nutshell. But this is a CITY - and common sense should dictate (just as it should if you were to visit NYC, Boston, LA, etc.). Costera is safe to walk at night - no problem.

2. C.R. sounds like it might really fit the bill for you folks - provided it's not out of your reach $$$. I suggest you surf the travel sites (Travelocity, Hotels.Com, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) - and find your best buy. In our research, we noticed that online sites seem to offer plenty of C.R. "specials" - depending on the day or the week, etc. [In other words - you're under no pressure at this time - keep searching - something may come up.] Don't quote me - but I believe that the C.R.'s "best rooms" run upwards around $200 (or more) per night. The room category just below this (the "Deluxe") offers a full ocean view and, if I recall what I've read (correctly), it's supposed to be very nice (no jacuzzi) @ about $120/night (on "specia"). To each his own - but I don't believe the Club Rooms get much cheaper - and you'd be spending big bucks just to have that jacuzzi.

3. Restaurants - hundreds! Our suggestion to you - because there has been very heavy in-depth discussion & contribution on many of ACA's eating-spots in the past 4-5 weeks (here on T/A) - is to set some time aside one or two nights to go back over the many postings of the past month. You will get more information than you can possibly use. Then, if you have specific ??? regarding certain restaurants, most anyone would be glad to help.

Meanwhile -

Happy Planning!

Happy Travels!

RonVal87

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

bingo.....i got it....for the villa that includes your own private pool and breakfast coffee juice and eggs.....the price is 2574 pesos.....which is about $257 dollars a nite......if you want more info you can get a hold of them thru a email at

jperez@clubregina.com and address the email to julia hope this helps you out canuck.....need anymore help just ask....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

One further comment (forgot) ...

You will find that there are many restaurants here which either specialize in or lean heavily toward seafood - being a coastal city as it is.

However - there are also numerous other restaurants which will no doubt cater to your needs for ... steak, Italian, Japanese, Mexican (of course!), just about anything. Once again - many of these have been recently discussed (some - in great detail).

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

Zzaa,

You are a true gem! Thank you so much for going to all of the bother to find out about Villa Vera for me! I will e-mail questions to both them & the Camino Real and see what happens.

Ron, Thanks for your advice too. I will definitely go back and look at the restaurant discussions as we are into having nice dinners "BIG TIME" so thanks again.

What nice friendly people on this forum! I just can't believe it!!

Thank you!

Canuck

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

you are very welcome canuck.......let us know how you made out...nite nite....zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

hi canuck ....forgot to tell you something i found out about the camino real hotel...remember i said they had that piano in there lobby???? well yes they have piano music there but no pianist playing one of those pianos that plays by its self....yes there is a trio there playing live but only on the weekends...just thought i would give you that info. take care and have a nice day..zzaa

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Activities in Acapulco?

If you like meat......YOU HAVE TO GO TO O'JARDIM. I don't care how far off the beaten path it is...YOU HAVE TO GO! It's a very clean nice garden setting, you pay 18 per person, get salads, soupe, fresh baked break, black beans, mexican appetizers, little fruit plate and then they come around with 12 different meats and slice it right onto your plate from a sword....AFter, you get dessert. It's very good quality food, not just quantity, great service, extremely reasonable prices and it's alllll about meat.....If you get a Villa at the VV, it probably will have everything you are seeking....Look into it before making decision.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco