We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"La Musicana" ???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"La Musicana" ???

Reading a recent hotel review for Mayan Palace - we noticed that the writer refers to a place called "La Musicana" - but couldn't find anything on the web about this place.

Here's the quote from that traveler's review:

" I will say if you get a chance, go to the LA MUSICANA in downtown Acapulco. You get a great show with a live band and some good salsa dancing. "

Does anyone know what this person is talking about?

RonVal94

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "La Musicana" ???

no ron never heard of it but i will start asking around who has got that live music in downtown acapulco.....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "La Musicana" ???

[Bump]

Still looking for info ... anyone heard of it?

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "La Musicana" ???

still looking ron hey i will ask tommorow when i go to eat at mi piaci how that????????and a full review of mi piaci too....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: "La Musicana" ???

I have e-mailed the couple who wrote this review - to ask "Where is La Musicana?".

Hopefully - we will receive a response. [If so, we'll let y'all know.]

RonVal90

P.S. Zzaa - Did you ever find out any more on this one?

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "La Musicana" ???

hoping you will get a reponse on this one ron from the person who wrote the review....like i said when i went to mi piaci for breakfast i walked around and asked a few locals if they had any idea where this place could be...none did....like i said maybe the name is wrong if this person who wrote the review could give you an idea to where this place is located some kind of land mark or something to go by i could do some more investagating for you....let me know .....zzaa

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "La Musicana" ???

Think they mean the tropicana?

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "La Musicana" ???

Think they mean the tropicana?

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: "La Musicana" ???

ron i think joybee is right its the tropicana i was looking for some place in the zocalo....the tropicana is located in what is considered to be downtown acapulco...and yes they do have a live band with salsa music and dancing....it is located right on the beach just before you hit el centro....downtown acapulco....thanks for that lead joybee i think you found it....zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: "La Musicana" ???

bump so ron will see it....zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: "La Musicana" ???

Have received an email-response from the party who contributed the aforementioned T/A review.

Here's the scoop ...

There was a wee bit of confusion, here - because the place they went to was SALON Q. Apparently this club has some sort of banner hanging on the building which reads " LA MUSICANA ". Obviously, they're just "advertising" the fact that they have "music" (inside)!

No big deal - as we all make mistakes - right?

(Just glad to have found out - and grateful that those folks took time to respond. Otherwise - it would've made people nuts!)

RonVal90