We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK - More Restaurant Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
OK - More Restaurant Questions

Comments? Feedback? Personal Experiences?

Have seen these three restaurants listed here & there on the web (and actually walked by two of them last January while in ACA) - but we know little else.

Might be willing to give one or more of them a try (if no one has any add'l info) - but thought we'd ask, first.

1. El Gaucho (steak restaurant) on the Costera, at El Presidente Hotel;

2. El Faro (seafood restaurant) on the Costera, at El Cano Hotel;

3. Le Jardin des Artistes (French restaurant) - was told, last year, that this place has closed - but we keep seeing it come up on numerous websites. Anyone know the scoop on it?

Thanks again ...

RonVal

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: OK - More Restaurant Questions

i have been to suntory.....dont like shusi but i love the way they do the cooking at your table and the food is good good good.....shusi i know they have that there too now that it has become so popular but i just cant aquire a taste for it yet....at suntory you are sitting around a table and the middle of the table is where the cheff will show up and do the cooking right there in front of you....its a good one in my books....zzaa

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: OK - More Restaurant Questions

In my book too. If you're not into sushi don't miss the tempura. There are both indoor and outdoor teppan grills, depending on the heat you might want to sit inside. Those tables tend to fill up first.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: OK - More Restaurant Questions

Good reading, Puntabruja ... enjoyed hearing your comments & also learning of new possibilities.

Quick question (only because we know that things can "change") - how recent were your visits to El Faro and El Gaucho? [Just thought we'd inquire. Either or both of these might be real possibilities for us - as they're less than a stone's throw from our room - and we can eliminate the taxi-fare!]

As for Suntory - have read some of the reviews online - and thought we might experiment - but, not really big on Japanese cuisine (though I do like good tempura). It's still on our list from last year - but, quite frankly, it's nowhere near the top. Thanks, however, for the suggestion, Need4.

RonVal

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: OK - More Restaurant Questions

hi ron i went to the faro with some friends about 3 weeks ago good food moderate prices....as far as the gaucho goes it has been more than a couple of years....but it was good the last time i was there hope i have been of some help ...zzaa