We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water activites

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Water activites

Hello all .. heading to ACA in October. I see there are a number of water activites available, was wondering if it's best to book prior to the trip or just wait and do it once we get down there? Is one outfitter better then the others?

Also - I've heard that there is white water rafting in ACA, but haven't been able to find any info on-line to review the river and make reservations. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water activites

from what I hear, the w.w. rafting stinks

there, but I may be wrong....Costa Rica had some great rafting.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Water activites

I wouldn´t say the rafting stinks but it is for families and beginners not for those that want to test their skills. Check out www.shotoverjet.com.mx and you will find the information that you need

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water activites

hi whitewater girl, apart from shotover jet, there is a new high thrill boat ride called ocean riders and let me check with some one who has had the white water rafting experiance i will get back to you.....

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water activites

Sorry maybe I didn´t make myself clear. Shotover Jet operate the rafting which was why I was giving that web site.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Water activites

just wanted to let you know that i talked to someone who has done the white water rafting and they said it was great ....no complaints what so ever .....and it is correct the imformation that was given to you that white water rafting is done thru shotover jet and you have already been given the web site if you have any further questions about acapulco please feel free to get in touch with me at acafrances@hotmail.com enjoy your trip.......

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Water activites

zzaa - I know it is correct information that is why I was passing it on, if I don´t know I don´t comment. I used to enjoy contributing on this board and sharing my ideas and knowledge however in recent weeks feel reluctant to do so. With all due resepect please remember that this board is for sharing ideas and opinions, if we all thought the same the world would be a pretty boring place. I appreciate that you live in Acapulco but I and many others do too and there are many people on this board that visit regularly and probably know things that we don´t. Let´s continue to share all the we know and love about this place without the constant comments about other peoples opinions and whether they are right or wrong......at the end of the day they are just what I say opinions. I believe in what I write you believe in what you write but neither you nor I are right nor wrong. At the end of the day we can all learn something from one another we all in our individual ways are experts and have different experiences, information and knowledge to share.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Water activites

hi ibeffa

i really dont know what your problem is with my post iam also sharing an opinion and a point of view i read all these posts again and i still dont get how i have offend you can you make your self more clear i dont get it ..... the person was asking about white water rafting i myself have never been so asked someone who has..... did i comment a crime let me know what you think i did wrong .....sorry if i bother you but iam not going away....... i feel my knowlegde of acapulco is very valuable to many...... and if you read the post correctley i said that the information you gave her was correct about shotover jet..... you have a problem with that

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Water activites

zzaa - as I say you don´t need to say my information is correct as I know that, I only give information on things that I know about. What offends me is your superior attitude to everything as if you know more than everyone and your judgements (such as saying that information is correct) on everyones posts. I didn´t ask you to go away just to consider how you post things. You have offended me more than once and many others also so just take time to read what you write and how you write it. As I said before you are not the only person that knows about Acapulco and we are all free to give our opinions without comments as to whether they are right or wrong.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Water activites

dear ibeefa

iam going to close off this topic with you with a few words to you iam very sorry if you think i have offended you or other by expressing my opinion or by trying to be helpful to someone who has a question i cant answer....because i do realize iam not the only person on the site that knows things about acapulco....if you take the time to read some of my posts there are questions that i ask to about acapulco that i have been asked and cannot answer because of lack of information.. so chill out ibeefa and dont take life so seriousley and please belive me when i say iam sorry if i have offended you or any other people on this site...it was not my intention to do so....and lets stop this silly bickering now and get back to giving our friends the tourists reliable information that they may need.......take care y que tengas un bontio dia

Barrie ONTARIO
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water activites

whitewater girl I have always booked all of my activites when I get to ACA and have not had a problem getting spots or times the weather doesn't seem to screw up there scheduling but if you like to keep to a tight schedule then I am sure you could book ahead of time but then things change and that might be harder to reschedule What type of activities are you planning to take part in

BTW I have never done the rafting in ACA to comment but I think there is only one company offering it