We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, TX
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

Just returned from ACA and had a wonderful experience. Thanks to GoMex and need4speed for the tips. This was our first trip and will not be our last. Stayed at Las Brisas for 5 nights 6 days and all expectations were exceeded. The staff was very attentive and courteous. I highly recommend couples looking for a romantic getaway or honeymooners looking for the perfect spot to look at Las Brisas. The seclusion of the castias and the views are the best I have experienced. The rooms were ample size and clean. Every night the staff would hang any clothes left out and we had a nice turn down service. The fresh flowers on the bed and in the bath were a nice touch. We ate breakfast at Bellavista every morning and the service was a little slow but the quality of the food more than made up for the longer than average (American) wait. The pace of Mexico is slower but once you realize this it is not a big deal. Just relax and go with the pace. We lunched by our pool every day and the room service was delicious. Dinner was at Bellavista, Kookabura and Su Casa? All were fabulous. Kookabura was our favorite. Pricey but great food. Visited the markets and found some deals. Enlist a cab from Las Brisas that will wait for you and act as a guide and you will not be sorry. Our driver walked with us thru the market and made sure that we were looked after. I would recommend going to WalMart on arrival and buying supplies for the pool. Make sure to buy floats or ask the ground crew if they have any. Also a radio for the pool. The clock radio cannot be unpugged and brought poolside. Picked one up at WalMart for $15 bucks. Most cabs will wait while you shop and the prices are a fraction of what you will pay in the mini bar. We got all beer vodka rum and setups at WalMart. The mini bar did not keep the beer as cold so a cheap cooler to ice down drinks is also recommended. I did play a few rounds of golf. The Fairmont has 2 courses both of which were in top shape. Not crowded at all. Also played at Mayan Palace. Course was undergoing some work on the greens and that was the only disappointment of the trip. Full price and all the greens were covered in sand. I would check with the course before you spend your money to play there. The spa at Las Brisas offers a full suite of treatments that are reasonably priced. Went to the discos but they were very expensive and did not seem to really get going until after midnight so go late if you are looking for the club scene. Las Brisas has a private beach club at the bottom of the hill and we spent a few afternoons there. I liked the pool at my room better but the swim up bar was nice and the salt pool was very refreshing. You can rent snorkeling gear there and swim into the Pacific. Did not see the cliff divers but heard that was a disappointment. Overheard some couples talking about fishing trip and it sounded like they did not have any luck. 5 stars for ACA and Las Brisas in my book.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

Great review, and so glad to hear Las Brisas is still the wonderful place it was many long years ago!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I still can't understand how people can hate their Aca vacation...those views and restaurants are great. I love Su Casa because it's such a nice place, but not snooty and the food is reletively simple.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

Thanks for the trip report. Nice to hear that the driver from the hotel was with you while you walked - it helps to have someone who understands the language, and local culture, along with you. You've given some good tips for people staying at Las Brisas, or any ACA hotel (Wal Mart, taxi's, shopping, etc.). Thanks!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report ACA/Las Brisas

nice review so glad to hear you had a good time it makes me feel good when someone leaves acapulco with a big smile on there face and would love to come back one day soon

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco