We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
usa
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

On our last trip to Acapulco for the first time was in the month of June.

What would you all say is the best month of the year to visit Acapulco?

Yes we are making plans for our next trip and maybe just maybe bring the kids with us this time around.

Thank-you

Ben.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Now that didn't take you long to start planning your next visit to ACA. We warned you about the fever. . . it gets into your blood and you just can't get rid of it.

January and February . . . the weather is perfect. Sunny warm days and beautiful balmy nights. Mid-80s during the day, mid-70s in the evening and less humid. Not nearly as hot as you experienced in June. Of course, I think any time of the year is a perfect time in ACA.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Jan Feb IMO is the best. Crowds are small, but not dead..Weather is beyond perfect.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

I've been down a few times in November. I think it is great! The pools at the Mayan are still relatively warm as compared to Dec/Jan/Feb, but as Jane stated, any month is a good time to visit Acauplco. If you were there in June, Nov-Feb will be not so hot and not so humid. It will still be hot and humid, just not as much as the summer months.

usa
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Thank-you very much for this information and Si Si Si we are planning our next trip to Acapulco.

Out the door and out to work. See you all later.

Ben.

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

I was only there once and it was in March the weather was amazing.......but you do have all the spring breakers......it wasn't so bad out by the Mayan though......

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Ben,

I used to come last week of Feb. and first week of March, weather was and is always great. It was enough time after the Holidays to calm it down and still usually having bad weather in the US, so it worked for me and was still before the Spring holidays began.

-Kind of a mid winter break.

Then I started to come in Nov. too as a break "before" the Holidays.

Nice weather and a nice time was had too.

so that's my suggestions...........And now I never go home!!!

Joking of course, but I liked those times of the year the best!

Acasun......

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Hey ben

February is perfect weather for a trip & the kids have off presidents week so its an easy time to get away as well...This will be my 3rd trip during february winter break....Give it a shot...

Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

Ditto with everyone who said, anytime in Acapulco is the best time, however:

When I was younger, I always went at Christmas and/ or spring break. That was fine back then, because my friends and I were just looking to party. The last 7 or 8 times, I have gone the later part of Jan into Feb, (with last April as the exception), and I find it to be wonderful. The weather is just picture perfect and the crowds are just right. 2 out of the the last 3 yrs I went down for semena santa, and both times I said I wouldn't do it again. (Although, never say never :)~

I just hate fighting to just walk down the street to get anywhere at night. And you can't even see the beach on the weekends at this time of the year because so many families are there. But despite not being the optimum time for me, it still has a special charm that I love so much.

buffalo
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

My preference is Januray just before the tourist season swings into full gear. The city is noticably quieter then but still lively enough to have a good time. The lack of crowds leads to more in my opinion.

And I am just about sick of the weather at home by then.

Marcus

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best month to visit Acapulco?

I think january, because the weather is very good, also at February