We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for first timers.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
USA
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations for first timers.....

Has anyone stayed at The Fairmount Acapulco Princess? What's the good and bad? We're considering a trip this fall and it will be our first time in Acapulco. Also, any tips on other hotel recommendations and things to see & do is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Acapulco
14 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommendations for first timers.....

Hi 7wnders

please contact me to : angelherreraes@yahoo.es

give you al the information l am from acapulco best regard

Hector.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendations for first timers.....

I have to agree with Robyn's post. Princess is over rated. As mentioned, it really depends upon the type of vacation you are seeking. Personally, I can easily afford to stay at the Princess or use my timeshare at the Mayan, but I never would because it's way to isolated from town where I like to walk to restaurants, beaches and have easy access to different places where it's 15-20 cab rides from Princess.

The area that the Pricess is in is boring for the most part, but the hotels there are more like 5 stars. The main bay area has tons of hotels, but they are more like 3stars. With that said, there are quite a few properties that are very clean, spacious with great views and definitely won't be a let down unless you are seeking a "grand resort" The Fiesta, El Cano and Continental Emporio are great on the beach choices.

If you want something more private with 5star service, go to the villa vera...It's 3 blocks up from the beach with amazing views and was a former get away for movie stars. The rooms are not amazing but they are comfortable and very clean. In the past 2 years, I've always aimed to stay at the Villa Vera.

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Acapulco
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
1,077 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Emporio Acapulco Hotel
Emporio Acapulco Hotel
1,134 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico