We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Tortuga

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
La Tortuga

Dined there last evening and Gustavo was present. Caroline had the whole red snapper and I had the stuffed peppers. Both the food and conversation were excellent.

Gustavo lamented the fact that business was slow and I indicated that it might be time for his and Rufino's friends from over the years stop in and show some support similar to the old movie, Holiday Inn, that starred Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney.

What do you think?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
714 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Tortuga

Never been, but happy to go. Where is it?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Tortuga

Just up the street from Office Max

Calgary Alberta...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Tortuga

Perhaps instead of lamenting on slow business they could clean the 1/2 inch of dust on the ceiling fans, put a coat of paint on the filthy walls and clean the bathroom

Edited: 9:42 am, February 15, 2017
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: La Tortuga

I ate there twice in the last two weeks; and as Mike said "both the food and the conversation were excellent". Each to his own, but I never noticed the dust or the ceiling fans or the walls. Guess I was too busy enjoying my dinner and looking at the people I was with; and I don't spend enough time in any bathroom to let that bother me.

Edited: 10:27 am, February 15, 2017
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Tortuga

What Ron said and hey Thatsmeterbear, if you ever venture up to Su Casa, try to get a peek at the kitchen and report back to us. The owner guards it like a junkyard dog.

Mentioned in this post
Su Casa
Su Casa
319 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Calgary Alberta...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Tortuga

Just pointing out the obvious. The walls and bathrooms are filthy. They could improve their business with a little elbow grease. If you choose not to notice fine .

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Tortuga

Thatsmeter what is it now six years now since you stepped foot in that restaurant? Not even close to current information.

Calgary Alberta...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Tortuga

We walked by just last week . They haven't found a paint brush yet . It just looks filthy. I don't want to get into a he said she said but I don't see lamenting about poor business and not do anything about it. I would certainly visit the establishment if they would show a little pride

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: La Tortuga

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we all have different levels of acceptance. You're certainly entitled to your opinion; that's what this forum is all about. On the other hand, I'd guess that you probably wouldn't patronize too many restaurants in Puerto Marqués or out at Pie de la Cuesta. I had good friends who thought I was nuts to eat at some the places I've been to, but that was okay with me. They used to squeeze gallons of lime juice on everything they ate, lol. Just saying ... but no big deal.

Mentioned in this post
Pie de la Cuesta
Pie de la Cuesta
Guerrero, Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Tortuga

I forgot to mention that Gustavo indicated that Alfonso, from Dino's, has been seen recently driving the Dinomobile minus the messaging.

As for the comments regarding the bathroom how does one know what the bathroom looks like if one has not entered the premises in 6 years?

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco