We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postage stamps!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Postage stamps!

Besides any post office (that I never see open).

Where can I buy postage stamps in Acapulco.

I'm going to send each one of my Granddaughters a postcard, as soon as I get there, and just before I leave! It's one of the souvenirs that I promised!

Hoping they get one while I'm gone and fun to see when they get the last one!

I'm wondering if my hotel would have them?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postage stamps!

Joy, in the old days we always bought our postage stamps at our Hotel, and they always had a beautiful gold box in the wall to deposit the mail. Funny thing is we haven't mailed anything from here in years.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postage stamps!

The granddaughters will love it!

MIAMI
Level Contributor
819 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postage stamps!

Check the gift shop in your hotel. Sanborns. The package (Red Line/Fed Ex) stores.

Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Postage stamps!

The post office is located in the Federal Palace by Sanborn's near the Zocalo. It is on the ground floor just to the left of the main entrance. It is open Monday thru Friday from 8 to 5 and Saturday from 9 to 2.

Edited: 7:40 am, January 25, 2017
Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Postage stamps!

Thanks Mike, I know where it is! I'll give it a try!

Thanks Miami, I thought Sanborns did too! I'll try the gift shop first!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Postage stamps!

If the mail going into Acapulco is any indication of mail coming out of Acapulco, we mailed a Christmas card December 5th and it was just received last week January 17th. It would probably be faster for you to take them home and mail from there!

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Postage stamps!

DJ that doesn't surprise. For a while Sylvester was sending me weekly photos from the Post Office of sacks of mail. Every week the pile got bigger. This went on for a couple months. I guess they only deliver it every few months. Lol.

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Postage stamps!

For years I have mailed Christmas cards to the Hotel De Los Reyes family! Always arrived on time if I mailed them before December 1st.!

One year (same address, typed not hand written) it went to Malaysia, then back to me!

For the girls -

I definitely need to post mark it from Acapulco Mexico!

My Granddaughters are on a mission! Teaching them how to write and mail cards, letters and such!

9. Re: Postage stamps!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:16 am, January 30, 2017
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Postage stamps!

Take them to the local post office, have them cancel the stamp in Acapulco, then mail from the U.S. I'm still waiting for one to arrive from 10 years ago!

We receive X-mas cards here in about a month and a half! From U.S. postmark date.

Edited: 5:27 pm, January 26, 2017