We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadians living and working in Saltillo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Saltillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
windsor, ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Canadians living and working in Saltillo

so, my boyfriend and I may have to move to Saltillo for his work, but I'm unsure if I will be able to work as a dental hygienist (being canadian and all). does anyone know if i can? and also, are there any nice gated communities to live in, if so do you know the names?

indiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

hey-- your a dentist

wow and canadian!! sell yourself!

dentists and who knows if they really are ,sell themselves at every corner!!!

you can start a big business of your own believe me!!!

and if you want a good area to live

live near HEB.

Talkin from experience

american girl

windsor, ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

i'm not a dentist a dental hygienist! where is HEB?

Oshawa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

My husband and I are Canadians as well and we've been living here in Saltillo since August 2007. We're engineers, so I can't answer about dentists / dental hygienists. We do live in a gated community (Villa Bonita), it is on the north side of the city. We're very happy here, as is our 2 year old son. There are a lot of young kids here and the neighbours are all very friendly. The other gated community I can think of off the top of my head is San Alberto (a little more pricy though). There are other ones too, but we focused on the north side, so I don't know what is in the city centre or on the south side. We have found it pretty safe here. HEB is a big grocery store from Texas. Let me know if you have any more questions!

windsor, ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

Thank-you so much for your reply. I will look into thoughs areas!

London
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

Hello, my husband and I might be moving to live in Saltillo for his work, I would like to know how much is the rent of a 3 bedrooms house to buy and to rent in a gated community also a private school (english spoken) , How many canadian dollars do we need to live there with comfort we are a family of 4, we like to travel at least once a year. Do you think life is less expensive there than it is here in Canada?

Thank you in advance for the information you can give me, I am really confuse, I dont't know what to decide.

6. Re: Canadians living and working in Saltillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saltillo