We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and shopping

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Monterrey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and shopping

I am looking for advice for a good, clean, nice hotel with A/C and WIFI available in Monterrey close to shopping. I am also looking for advice on the best shopping in the area for women's clothes. Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and shopping

Why are you going to Monterrey? There is a serious travel warning due to violence. Are you ignoring this warning?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and shopping

We stayed at the Howard Johnson near the MacroPlaza (a stretch of parks, monuments and fountains). It has free wifi and a/c - rates are showing on Expedia at 60 USD or 70 USD including breakfast for 2. The downtown shops are close as are the main museums, canal boats to the Parque Fundadores, etc. For the best shops you would still need a cab to one of the malls such as Galerias in Vista Hermosa, etc.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and shopping

I'm curious how either of you summoned the courage to go there. I just got back from Mexico city and was nervous about that.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and shopping

bzy1 knows Mexico very well and if she wants to go to Monterrey then I assume she has good reason and she knows what she's doing. I last went over 4 years ago when violent crime there was very rare. It is a beautiful city - such a shame about recent events. (Mexico City remains one of the safest cities in North America.)

5. Re: Hotel and shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 04, 2012