We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ciudad Juarez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
docean
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

I am considering using Rio Dental, Can anyone give me an idea of how they are, also what hotels do you recomend to stay in?

Thanks.

D.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

Hi,

where are you coming from? Make sure they are still open. Many of the small businesses have closed down due to all the violence. Stay in El Paso, cross the border during the day and be back before night fall.

Juarez is not a safe place to be right now.

docean
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

Thank you so much for the info. Much needed. I am glad I posted here.

Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

I just got back from my visit with Rio Dental, in Juarez Mexico. My visit was not as pleasant as some of the earlier comments on this site would attest.

First of all, let me say the dental work I received, from this clinic was on a professional level. The dentists did everything possible to make sure I numbed up and comfortable.

However, to my surprise, I was hit with a "rush fee" because my stay fell one day short to complete my initial dental treatment in the time allotted.

I had to sign paperwork agreeing to pay additional fees, to expedite completion of my dental work. I fault office management because the patient coordinators mislead me to believe that the dental work needed, could be done in 2 1/2 to 3 business days.

There was no mention of this "rush fee" under the circumstances, prior to my making an appointment with Rio Dental. It was only after the consultation and evaluation, at the dental clinic, in Juarez Mexico, did I know that such fees existed.

I decided to take the matter up with my credit card company once I got back home to dispute the additional charges. I did not want to make a scene at the clinic, and used a common sense approach: dispute any unfair practices or wrong doing, and let the credit card company handle it.

Another issue anyone going to this dental clinic needs to be aware of. Though the clinic provides shuttle transportation, to and from Rio Dental, in Juarez, Mexico, to El Paso, Texas, be prepared to walk across the bridge. Due to the traffic at any given point and time, the boarder at Juarez Americana Bridge is often busy, with heavy traffic jams. The traffic jam wait time could be as long a 2 1/2 hours to get across and clear customs if you choose to wait and ride.

If this is ever the case, the shuttle driver in either direction will dispatch another driver to pick you up on the other side once you clear customs, to continue your journey to the clinic or the hotel your are staying, provided it is one that is listed or one that is in their range of pickup.

Hint: So before you set out to this clinic in Juarez, Mexico, do your homework. Ask plenty of questions regarding the dental treatment you are seeking. Making sure you understand the time you will be required to stay to fulfill your treatment plan, and before any travel arrangements are made. Better yet, get a written confirmation, by e-mail, from whom ever you are communicating or corresponding with, i.e. patient coordinator, in the appointment office. Ask about any fees, you are not aware of, and how to avoid them if possible. Know your whereabouts, and what you are doing at all times. Let family and friends know your schedule. Remember, Mexican Laws are different than Laws in the United States. In some cases there is an enforcement issue regarding Mexican Laws.

Good Luck, & Please Do Your Home Work

4. Re: I am looking foir some info regarding dental work

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 28, 2009