We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Consulate & Getting around

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
US Consulate & Getting around

I was in town on business and noticed the majority of the people staying in town where there for the US Consulate. SO, here is the run down... I would advice staying near the NEW Consulate wich is now open, next to the NEW Consulate is the medical clinic. From what I gathered and saw, there are long lines to everything; medical exams, entering the consulate, and the appointments taking longer than aticipated. Make sure you get there a few days prior and expect to stay a couple days extra. Staying around the NEW Consulate is best, the area looks safe, hotels are new and super near, plenty of restaurants, there is a new mall (large food court), movie theater, entertainment for children, and shopping. The whole area is clean and all new developments. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me, I am more than glad to help. I would not recomend staying near the OLD Consulate at all.

san francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

do you have any recommendations on which hotel to stay? Of course near the consulate

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

Hey there, there a many hotels around the consulate I would google the area, earth google, and maybe even mapquest. Forum rules do not allow us to give names of hotels, but there are plenty within walking distance of the Consulate. Hope this was of help

san francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

Hello thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try doing a search on the area.

worriedtogotomexico
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

hi i have not received my appointment but once i do what can i expect? you go get your exams, go to the appointment and from there? do you come back right away with a visa? or do they tell you you have to stay in mexico for a certain time? please let me know since i came to the us since i was one year old and have not returned... thank you

La Mirada...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

After your 1st appt. They will instructed you on your next step. My spouse had to wait 24 hours to make next appt. Which was exactly 2 months later. And yes he had to stay in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
california
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

I just want to say to any people that will Stay a Hotel Playas Located next

NEW US CONSULATE in JUAREZ MEX:

Well it is a Nice Hotel with private parking lot and Segurity Monitored at all Times ....with about $ 50 bucks a day there are some restaurants in the Hotel that are not afiliated .

The only Problem I had there is that the people that do the clean may steal your belongings if you leave them in the room .

They stolen me a watch and some cash money while my Interview in the Consulate.

Specially take care of the old Ladies that do the Clean they may be in their 40-45's

Beacuse they always enter to clean when you are not in the room,,,,, or best leave your belongings at the Hotel Office and Mention them my recommendations

I stayed there on the 12/15/2009 and following 4 days

Good Luck !

7. Re: US Consulate & Getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 12, 2010