We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Mazatlan in april

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Alberta...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Mazatlan in april

I'm wondering what peoples opinions are about 2 women travelling to Riu Emerald Bay Resort in Mazatlan. I have travelled to both Cabo San Lucas and Cancun and we have just recently booked our trip to Mazatlan.

Just after booking I was told that we shouldn't travel to Mazatlan as 2 women travelling without our husbands. Is this true? Will we be safe? We noticed that the resort is surrounded by barbwire.....is this resort not a safe place to go?

We are aware of the "normal" safety issues when travelling as 2 women, but should we be more afraid to travel here?

We are looking to cancel our holiday now, so any feedback would be great.

Thank you!!

Guaymas, Mexico
Level Contributor
446 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Mazatlan in april

I have some friends who just returned from a visit in Mazatlan and loved it. From the perspective of one living here in northern Mexico in the winter (Guaymas/San Carlos), I have seen nothing in the papers nor heard anything that would keep me from going there with another woman friend. If it was me, I wouldn't get drunk in bars and I certainly wouldn't hit on or pick up strange men but that is asking for trouble almost anywhere.

Try Pacific Coast forums/Mazatlan for better info.

Edited: 5:46 pm, March 05, 2013
2. Re: Travelling to Mazatlan in april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 07, 2014