We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a car necessary for Todos Santos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Todos Santos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Is a car necessary for Todos Santos

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about Todos Santos that I haven't found on this forum.

1. Is it necessary to have a car in Todos Santos? It sounds like the beaches are a bit far. Can someone give their opinion on a solo female driving alone from the airport (Los Cabos) to, and around, Todos?

2. I'm looking for a quick, relaxing and quaint 4-5 day trip in July and am trying to figure out if Todos Santos is a good place for me. I don't want a party town, but I would like to be able to meet some people, go to a convenient beach (just to hang out and read), do a bit of exploring and generally hang out at a place with a friendly vibe.

Thanks!

ZLI
Galiano Island...
Level Contributor
99 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a car necessary for Todos Santos

Todos Santos is a beautiful, charming and historical town. The town itself, however, is about a mile inland from the beaches and the beaches close to town are not great for swimming (undertow and very strong surf) A car is handy if you want to stay in town and visit beaches. There's no bus around town. However, if you just want to hang out in town, you don't need a car. You can walk pretty much everywhere and it is totally safe to wander about alone. I strongly recommend the Todos Santos Inn as a relaxing get away place. The rates are reasonable, the rooms beautiful, the restaurant and bar all fine places to eat and have a drink. There is a small pool in the lovely garden and even a good little library if you need a book or want to watch tv. If your heart is set on beach, Flora del Mar is a nice B&B about 3 miles from town. There's a pool, and the beach is right there. Lack of car isn't too hard though. There's usually someone around to give you a lift to town. If you do decide to rent a car, the drive is safe, easy, direct and takes about 2 hours from the airport. The worst part of it is the heavy traffic through San Jose del Cabo. If you are made to stop in a checkpoint, DO NOT panic. The military police are very nice and they are there to protect us.

Todos Santos, Mexico
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a car necessary for Todos Santos

Hi,

A car is a must if you want to explore as most of the fun sites are a few miles away.

Relaxing and quaint are the speciality of Todos Santos so yes, it is a very good choice.

Keep in mind that July is the off season so not a ton ov visitires here at the moment but you will met people at La Esquina cafe and at the beautiful beaches.

Have fun

3. Re: Is a car necessary for Todos Santos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Todos Santos