We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
5 posts
Save Topic
Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

My wife and I are from Chicago. We will be coming into San Diego on Sept 1st, staying in Rosarito until the 9th. She needs about $38,000 in dental work at home so we decided to go to Tijuana.

We have emailed several dentists but I wanted to see if anyone had any experiences or recommendations they would share.

Thank you in advance.

27 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

I had a root canal and Zirconium crown done by endontrist Dr.Nadia Ramos in 2013. I paid $250 for the root canal and $500 for the crown. (Although there are less expensive crowns to choose from). I highly recommend Dr Ramos. I had an excellent experience with her. No pain and no complications. She is located in Tijuana, and speaks English.

Edited: 7:34 pm, August 09, 2015
Save Reply
2. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Hi, I'm from San Diego, and recently I went to Tijuana for a dental procedure, Dr. Guevara its a great person and very professional, he study at Harvard. I find him in this site:

southdoctors.com/en/…i-love-my-dentist He give a discount.

You must go with him!! or you can find other options in the same website, but I still recommend to you to go whit him.

Good luck.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Oscar Torres DDS also has practice in San Deigo but has to charge a lot more because of insurance , licenses, and California's gready politicians. i don't know about his partners but he is the only one i would go to. find him on the internet. also he makes time to talk to you.

Victoria, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Thanks Amy. I have 10-12 Zirconium implants to have done, and grealty appreciate your feedback. Would you be willing for me to contact you personally? I am going to Tijuana next week, to finish off existing procedures but then have to wait 4 months before starting the implants. While in Tijuana I wish to check out different options for zirconium implants doctors. I don't know how to exchange personal info publicly, other than my email is: jsmarson@live.com. Anybody else reading this who is able to recommend good implant dentists in Tijuana, I beg you to respond to me too - either online or to my email. Many thanks.

California
Level Contributor
87 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

I'm ,looking too! I need a periodontist to some bone grafting. Anyone have that done in TJ?

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
175 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Where did you end up going? Were you happy with the work?

livinsloher
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

I can tell you to start doing the stronger strength peroxide and swish and leave in your mouth at least 10 minutes and also do the coconut oil it really helps for now until you see a dentist and I will be seeing one this Friday in Tijuana same office of doctor Oscar Torres Pacific dental as stated above and I am told they do deal with the periodontal and the bone graphs we will see and I will up date anyone know of orthodontist in mexico please let me know

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

http://advancedsmilesdentistry.com/

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

http://advancedsmilesdentistry.com/

Save Reply
10. Re: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Toothless in Tijuana. Beware some Tijuana Dentists pass themselves as doing dentistry for 30 years... I asked for 3 front porcelain teeth took no x rays installed the porcelain teeth and after one fell off because the post had been grinded to thin I decided to get a 2nd opinion from Dr. Marcos in Rosarito. Dr Marcos informed me to my dismay Dr. Manuel Quezada Arcega from Tijuana had mixed metal with my Porcelain teeth. I was so shocked. Dr Marcos said the post had been grinded to thin and it was tuff to build it up to replace but he succeed. Dr Marcos replaced and gave me real Porcelain teeth. I called Dr. Manuel Arcega and confronted him asked him why he did not tell me he was selling Porcelain teeth mixed with metal.. He hung up..

For Bad Denistry: Dental Guadalajara Manuel Quezada Arcega -Calle 3a #7736 Local 16 Plaza Abujaza

Very Good Denistry in Rosarito just past Califia: Surf City Rosarito, Rancho Santini. US # 661-613-2971 Mex# 562-746-6587 Ps. I have been going to Marco for the last 5 years and Im very satisfied. Marco is truly talented

Reply to: Tijuana Dentists. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tijuana