We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crosing from San Ysidro into Tijuana

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Utah
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Crosing from San Ysidro into Tijuana

When is the best day and time to cross from San Ysidro into Tijuana? When is it less crowded each way? We're planning on going to San Diego in June 2013 and want to take a day trip to Tijuana.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crosing from San Ysidro into Tijuana

There is no way to predict border traffic: sometimes when you think it will be crowded, it isn't; sometimes when you think it will be an easy crossing, it's incredibly crowded. That being said, Sunday is definitely the worst time you can pick to cross back into the U.S., and the later it is, the worse it is.

Crossing into Mexico is never a problem, so make your choice entirely on getting back into the U.S.

Edited: 7:21 pm, May 01, 2013
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,992 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crosing from San Ysidro into Tijuana

I crossed into Tijuana 2 weeks ago on a Sat about 130pm and the line (walking, not driving) was very long it looked like at least a 2 hour wait. The next day on the way back into the US on Sunday morning I got in line at 800am and it took me 13 minutes. In fact it only took me 45 minutes from the time I left the TJ Marriott to get home in Downtown San Diego.

3. Re: Crosing from San Ysidro into Tijuana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 03, 2014