We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
long beach, ca
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

I need suggestions for a place to park my car near the volaris shuttle pick up area.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

I also need to know how to park our car and get the Volaris Shuttle pick-up to head to the TJ airport.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

Looking for the same thing there was a company that I used a few years ago it was awesome but they went out of business so I'm looking as well. Thank you!

Cardiff-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

I took this shuttle a few weeks ago with my sister-- its a different company that Volaris contracts with. If its convenient, they also leave from downtown San Diego, as well as at the border. It took us forever however to pass customs coming to the US side -- even in the fast lane! The border patrol people made us pull over and wait for more than two hours (for no reason!) while the other Sentri cars whizzed through. Once they realized there were gringos on the bus however they waved us through! I would not take that shuttle again for that reason, not coming back.

You can also park at Otay Mesa and walk/cab, the airport is closest to that crossing. There's a private parking company that is very reasonable nearby.

By the way, Volaris was wonderful to travel on!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

We are planning to park our car on the U.S. side. Could someone please tell us where the lots are, what the cost is, if there are shuttles from the parking lots to the border where we can walk across, and if there are taxis to the Tijuana once we are in Mexico?

Thanks

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

If you are going just for a day the cost to park is around $4-8. There are taxi's everywhere once you cross the border.

6. Re: Parking iin San ysidro for volaris parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 29, 2012