We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning from Tijuana to USA

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Returning from Tijuana to USA

COMPLETELY CORRECT ANSWER as of July 2011: After reading about two dozen forums I was terrified to cross while on vacation. Here is my experience. A passport is required/desired, but Tijuana 1) does not check you going in (unless you look suspicious) 2) When leaving they have two distinct lines setup . . . One for those with WHT documents and another line for those without. The line for those without equates to those traveling with only basic documents i.e. (State issued drivers license and a birth certificate. When I came back across it was the easiest time I have ever had. My documents were looked at, I was asked maybe 2 questions and nothing was searched . . nothing at all . . . it was simple. BTW: I walked across, I would never driver across for many reasons.

1. Re: Returning from Tijuana to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 05, 2012