We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and dining questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping and dining questions

Posted on the San Diego forum, too, but hoping for a few more responses.

Can anyone recommend a good lunch restaurant in Tijuana? What is safe to order - both for eating and drinking? Should we only drink something out of a bottle (water, obviously, but beer too)?

Regarding shopping, how cheap is stuff, really? I want to buy a leather jacket and a pair of shoes for myself and hope to do some Christmas shopping. Not a ton, because everything has to get back on the plane, but a few unique Mexican items.

Can anyone suggest how much cash I should take? What can I expect to pay for things like shoes and leather jackets? I don't want to get there and not have enough cash on me!

Gracias!

Playas de Tijuana
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and dining questions

Hi,

If you are going to be on Ave. Revolucion I suggest La Especial Restaurant at 718 Ave. Revolucion. You will find it down a small flight of stairs. It is a cozy, authentic style restaurant with a long history and yummy food at a great price. Both Mexicans and more localized "tourists" love it. If you will be in the Rio Zone I suggest La Casa del Mole. Also an authentic style restaurant in a garden like setting with great food at a great price. Address: Paseo de los Heroes No. 10501, Zona Rio. Definitely drink beverages out of the bottle and draft beer is not as common in Mexico anyway.

As far as the leather shopping, I'm not much help!