We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tijuana airport in time?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
tijuana airport in time?

Myself and my partner are travelling mexico at the end of september. We are flying from las vegas to san diego and had intended on walking over the border to tijuana. We are flying from tijuana to mexico city at 2pm. Does anyone know the distance from the border to the airport? Can we go through the border at tijuana and get to the airport by lunch time or is that cutting it too tight. I didnt want to spend a night in tijuana but will have to if the airport is difficult to get to.

thanks. dee

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tijuana airport in time?

The distance fron San Diego Airport to the border is about 20 miles; from the border to TIJ airport is about 15 or 20 minutes. If your flight is scheduled at 2pm be at the airport one hour and a half before the departure time. From San Diego airport take a taxi to the Otay border (which is closer to TIJ) and after you cross take another cab to TIJ. I am still unsure if there is a transportation connecting both airports directly.

M

Mexico city
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tijuana airport in time?

Check this link for San Diego to the Tijuana airport shuttles: findarticles.com/p/…ai_3116802

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Mexico city
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tijuana airport in time?

Check this link for the San Diego-Tijuana shuttle:

findarticles.com/p/…ai_3116802

good luck!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tijuana airport in time?

If anyone is looking to fly out of Tijuana check Bestday.com. I checked Mexicana's web site they wanted $1477.00 for 3 passengers to Cancun in April. I booked the same exact flight with Mexicana on BestDay.com for $910.00. Thier prices change through out the day every day. So keep checking they by far are the lowest I found any where. I confirmed with Mexicana after booking to make sure the reservations were valid, and they confirmed our reservation. Good luck if you have any questions email me.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5. Re: tijuana airport in time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 11, 2009