We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tijuana at night

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, WI
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tijuana at night

Some friends and I were thinking of going to TJ for a night out while on vacation in San Diego. How safe is the city, and how likely are we to get into trouble from the police? Also, what are some good places to go dancing?

Milwaukee,WI.
Level Contributor
414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tijuana at night

I am from Milwaukee and crossed the border at SanYsidro aftter taking the trolley from downtown-blueline- SANDiego. I do not fool around in Tijuana. If going with a group stay together,do not display acts of drunkeness or rowdy behavior. Do not jaywalk,and be cautious with flashing money around. I had no problem ,but just crossed the border by wlaking u 2-3 ramps and caught cab to airport. Try to remain somewhat sober and keep your wits about you at all times!

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tijuana at night

Just be aware of the bad cops. I didn't have problems with people on the street, only the cops who will bribe you for money!

Los Angeles
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tijuana at night

I go to Tijuana about 4 to 5 times a month. No advice on places to dance. HOWEVER..........stay in areas where there are lots of people. DO NOT let anyone take you anywhere...I mean no one. Do not allow the street hustlers to engage you in prolonged conversations. As the motive is ALWAYS about getting money from you.

I would stay on Revolution (sp) Ave which is the main street and there are plenty of fun bars there. Keep your wallet in your front pocket to avoid any problems. If you would like to meet women for a small fee then go to Zona Norte which is walking distance from the Arch which is easily seen as you get to Revolution(sp) . Or you can take a cab which should cost $3.00. Confirm the price of the trip with the cab driver BEFORE you take it. I recommend Adelitos and Hong Kong clubs. You will love Adelitos.

When you get around Adelitos or Hong Kong you will see significant numbers of women standing on the street. If you are so inclined then I recommend interacting with the womem who are standing around the Hong Kong bar as the Hotel next to the Hong Kong is safe.

Do not appear drunk in public as the Policia will probably confront you and it WILL surely cost you some money at minium. ALSO do carry pills with you without a prescription. It goes without saying do not bring drugs or purchase drugs if you do not want to get in REAL: serious trouble.

I also recommend keeping most of your money in your shoe so if the Policia try to get money out of you they will only see maybe $25.00 in your wallet. If they take that you will still have the bulk of your money. More then likely you will not have a problem with them.

Lastly I am only giving precautionary information here and do not wish to make TJ sound like a criminal paradise. On balance I generally have a great time there.

Just use common sense, watch your beer intake and do not act like a bunch of drunk stupid Americans and you will have a really fun time..

4. Re: Tijuana at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, September 14, 2009