We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunworld916
1 post
Save Topic
anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

Hey, my friends and I are going to be taking a trip to Tijuana, howver not all of us are 21. I was wondering what would be the best idea as far as drinking for those that aren't 21...? Are there 18 and under clubs?

Also, would it be safer to stay in San Diego and drive over the border or stay in TJ??? Any thoughts or ideas will help. Thanks ;)

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

In Mexico the legal age for drinking is 18. There might be a problem when you return to the US if those under 21 have alcohol in their systems and are stoped by the Immigration Officer at the checkpoint.

Stay together and have fun... and I quote another TA member: "Be careful and don't get too drunk as you must be aware of what is going on with you. Don't get off the main drag".

M

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

DEFINITELY stay in San Diego and WALK over the border. Do NOT drive.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

Hey Sunworld, Miguel is correct the drinking age is 18 in Tijuana. I think as long as you are not knee crawling drunk, you shouldn't have too much of a problem coming back across.

The club I go to a lot is Iguanas. It isn't much better or worse than anywhere else but I've been down there so many times several of the waiters are friends of mine now. Otherwise, they are all mostly very loud and the drinks are about the same. It is always 2 for 1 but it can still be a little pricey. Like one drink is $6 and the other is free.

A little tip: about 10PM the hotdog vendors come out. Eat one! They are the best things in the world. I usually end up wolfing down 4 or 5 while I'm there!

If you are just going for the day, you can park on the US side and walk down. Parking is something like $5-7 dollars for the day. I wouldn't drive across unless you are going further than Tijuana. The amount of cars coming back across can be somewhere between "a lot" and "unbelieveable" making it a long affair waiting in a line in your car.

If you are staying overnight, there are several motels on the US side in San Ysidro and that would save you from having to drive after you've been drinking. I've stayed at the Travelodge maybe 50 times. It is a comfortable place and is a five minute walk from the border. I think it goes for around $75 on a weekend. I'm going to be in there this weekend and I'm staying in Tijuana at the Camino Real. It is less than $100 and quite a nice place. Again, I'll park on the US side, walk across and take a taxi to the Hotel.

Hope this helps! Feel free if you have any other questions.

4. Re: anyone know where the best clubs are in tijuana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 05, 2009