We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the water crystal clear there?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Felipe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los ANgeles
1 post
Save Topic
Is the water crystal clear there?

I am planning a shor trip to Baja but i want to find a place that has white sand & clear water! I am from los angeles & most of the towns & beaches don't look much different. Dirty & brown water. I want to know the closest palce to the US border which starts to have clear beaches & that tropical type setting. I know Cabo is noce but we can't afford to go that far. Is San Felipe like this? If so, where are the best secluded beaches? Thanx!

stockton ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the water crystal clear there?

i whent to San felipe for my first time on august and i loved it. The water is turquoise and very warm, its cheap and very nice. i reccomed you to go. if you like i can send you some pictures of the clear white sand becahes.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the water crystal clear there?

I have been going to San Felipe for about 3 years and just love it. Very relaxing, the water is warm and blue, but remember if you get there after a storm the water is a little murky. Otherwise it is great and very inexpensive.

California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the water crystal clear there?

Hello, there. San Felipe certainly has pristine beaches. The sands are off white with gold specks, very clean and silken smooth. The waters although very clean are not as clear as Hawaii, only because the sands are pretty loose towards the shores making it look murky. You have to go much further to have clear waters.

Real estate prices are so much more affordable in San Felipe. If you have questions about this, feel free to ask me. I own a few parcels there.

Merera
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the water crystal clear there?

The water is clear and nice most of the time.

Ell

Get answers to your questions about San Felipe