We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosarito Trip in June-question?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rosarito Trip in June-question?

We are going to Rosarito in June on a 5 hr tour. We were going to Tijuana but decided to change the tour after reading some postings (very helpful).

We are mainly going for shopping and sight seeing, we are firt-timers. I have a 6 yr old, promised her it would be interesting and different (fun?).

Besides drinking and parties (seems to be all I read), do they have things for kids or something fun to do? Also what is the shopping area like? Is there enough to do in 5 hrs or are we going to be sitting on the beach?

Any replies will be helpful thank you!!!

Mercado Del Mar
Gift & Specialty Shops
La Vid
Art Galleries, Wineries & Vineyards
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosarito Trip in June-question?

I'm not sure what you're going to do that would interest a 6 year old for 5 hours on a tour. Rosarito is a typical beach community. It's a great place to stay in a private condo on the water where a child can play in the pool or on the beach. In town, it will be shops, restaurants, etc. There is a shopping area with Mexican arts and crafts located north of El Nido restaurant. You enter through an arch, sort of an alley that is about half way between El Nido and the next corner. There are at least a hundred little shops back there. It's perfectly safe, so feel free to wander back and shop....but I can't imagine that will entertain a 6 year old for any significant length of time.

I assume your tour will include lunch; that will use part of the time.