We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

If you would be so kind as to share any information that you have about Sanoviv Medical Institue, and the safety of its location in Rosarito, Mexico. I am young wife and mother who would be traveling alone to this location for medical reasons.

Thank you for your help.

112 replies to this topic
Miami Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

Been there, hated it. Saw someone getting IV of chemo for cancer and the nurses or whoever was giving him the IVs made a mistake. He almost died. The place itself beautiful indeed. The doctors told me to go home, have radiation, and take 5 years of tamoxifen and stop worrying about breast cancer. This is after I had a lumpectomy. I felt like I was in a prison there. It is a creepy place. The admin and communication among staff and guests suck. I wouldn't recommend it. I left after 10 days instead of staying for the complete 3 weeks. I met a wonderful therapist there, and some other nice people. The doctors are young and not very experienced. It seemed like a cult.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
899 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

you are either without hope or nuts to go to this facility instead of a US or canadian hospital. Vaya con dios.

Arlington, VA.
9 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

We had a fantastic experience at Sanovivn in June.

Our visit lasted 10 days and the only thing I can complain about is that the dentist left my filling a bit high on one tooth, and he did not make the time to see me before it was time for me to leave... BUT I have to say that the experience on the whole was absolutely AMAZING.

Everyone there is well informed on the latest in conventional and alternative medicine and they have the 'latest' treatments etc.

Really fantastic!

All the patients we met there, including some who were there for their follow up visits- had nothing but wonderful things to say about their treatment/doctors/etc.

The food too was great and everyone is absolutely delightful.

One thing is that yes, you have to check your daily schedule and make certain you and the doctors are notified of all changes and additions to it. The issue with the dentist happened because of a glitch/mistake on their part with my daily schedule....

Highly recommend!

I wrote more about it on my blog: OlivosARTstudio.blogspot.com in my entry called: "My mini tooth, the Ocean and Natural Healing"

I hope this review helps you make a good decision for YOUr health care and well being!

Claudia

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

I was desperate, decided to go and became MUCH worse as a result. The facility itself is beautiful, some of the therapists are great people-but this is not a place to go if you have real health problems.

minneapolis,mn
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

Sounds good to me. Do you have any idea the amount of $$$$$ big pharma and the chemo/radiation people have made in the name of cancer? Yes there is such a thing as Holistic healing... As in healing the whole body, not just bits and pieces. Ill take an herbalist quack over a 75 year old MD who relies on pharamceutical reps and kickbacks from drug companies anyday. The healthcare issue in this country is going down the toilet. Because its never been about health , only about $$$. Oh but we went to Rosarita beach 7 yrs ago and watched the cops rip off the young navy sailors. I'd say, don't wander around outside the clinic.

Edited: 5:49 pm, November 30, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

You are safe getting there. The danger begins when you enter. I studied their own websites and the treatments they list. Most have no basis in medical science. Some are considered dangerous. Search some of the numerous reviews by patients. This place is one in a long chain of clinics that have opened in Baja over the decades with quack cures. Everything from laetrile injections to wheat grass enemas to cure cancer and other diseases. Famous case was Steve McQueen who resorted to one of these clinics instead of treatment at a real hospital in the US.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

Sanoviv is completely safe. Crossing the border is easy because they have their own transportation and drivers. The facility is gated and secure. I have been going there for 10 years and have always had great experiences. The facility and staff are definitely 5 stars. Check out the web site and their blog for more information.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

I haven't heard that type of praise since I worked near a Hari Krishna temple. Not a single documented cure of a serious disease. Did these people work for ACORN?

Sydney
8 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

Just curious, why would you go there for 10 years? I mean, I have serious health problems. I don't want to go somewhere for an annual holiday, I want my medical conditions to be treated. Would you mind illuminating that? Were you actually going for medical problems? And if you were, why have you needed to go for 10 years?

Worley, Idaho
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico

I went to Sanoviv in February, 2014, to have silver amalgam fillings removed and for a (very) complete physical exam. My mouth is now mercury-free, thanks to two very capable dentists, and I learned some life-saving information, despite having discussed my condition with no fewer than four doctors in the US over the course of 40 years. I had an ulcer I did not know about, and of all things, giardia! These were treated at Sanoviv. I am now trying to get a doctor in the states to respect the information, even look at the DVD of my endoscopy, to have help for my very large hiatal hernia (also a surprise.) I would recommend Sanoviv to anybody, and if I am ever diagnosed with cancer, that is the first place I will go.

Reply to: Safety of Sanoviv Medical Institue in Rosarito, Mexico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted