We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosarito by bus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Rosarito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poteau
Level Contributor
110 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Rosarito by bus

We would like to catch the Mexicoach to Rosarito from the border crossing at Tijuana in the morning and return the same evening. How often does this bus run, and is it safe to leave my car parked all day near the border? Or would it be better to take the Rosarito tour bus from San Diego?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosarito by bus

I don't know the bus schedule, but it runs often. A taxi from Tijuana to Rosarito is $20.00-$25.00 (depends on what you negotiate). There are "group taxis" that stop anytime someone wants in or out that are very cheap and they run constantly. Your car will be perfectly safe at one of the lots by the border crossing.

You would also be perfectly safe driving your car to Rosarito Beach. The road is a 4 lane, divided toll road--the toll is currently $2.10; the exact amount depends on the daily exchange rate. I'm sure you've heard "urban myths" about terrible experiences with the police, but we've owned here 11 years now and have friends who have been here more than 25 years. All of us cross to and from San Diego in one day several times a week; not one of us has ever had "an experience" with the police. If these things were happening at the rate some posters would have you believe, it would have happened in the literally countless times we've crossed the border. All of us "look American," and drive new or newish cars with American plates--there is absolutely nothing about any of us to cause a corrupt policeman to decide we are locals and should be ignored--yet none of us have been approached. We've all been told "if it ever happens, say you have plenty of time and prefer to go to the station." That's the last thing the cop wants: he can lose his job if you say he offered you the chance to pay him on the spot and you will discover that the fine for your supposed infraction is quite low--and he gets no money. He'll give you a warning. BUT as I said, none of us have ever had the opportunity to use that information.

If you drive, you'll have the opportunity to see what Rosarito really has to offer, not just the club area.

Edited: 12:27 pm, September 10, 2010
2. Re: Rosarito by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, March 10, 2011