We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceana Casa Del Mar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
2 posts
Save Topic
Oceana Casa Del Mar

Hi, we are booked in at the Rosarito Inn - Casa Del Mar Condo's

Has anybody stayed before and what advice can you give us.

What is the pool area like? and how many pools does this place have.

Heading there around middle September any comments on weather.

Also husband is a keen surfer is it unsafe at present to drive around looking for surf etc

Thanks for your comments :)

Michelle

Rosarito, Mexico
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceana Casa Del Mar

The "Rosarito Inn" is a condo building where a dot com millionaire bought up a bunch of condos. It has a great location within walking distance to everything in centro Rosarito. It only has one pool, but it is a nicely landscaped area, and only the guests/residents use it.

In my opinion, you are coming at a great time of the year. The weather is still great, and a lot of the tourists have left. We have not had the best weather this year, but you have some of the best chance of any other times.

You will have no problem driving south to the more well known surfing areas. I am not a surfer, but I see the surfers parked along the road in free spots and pay spots. I presume your husband can do research from the surf related sites for a specific KM (Kilometer) on the Tijuana to Ensenada free road, where the better options are. To find the surf areas, you will want to stay on the free road as opposed to the toll road. They run side by side of each other. It is well-populated...not a desolate area at all.

As for safety...if you are parking in a free spot, I would go were you see other surfers or beachgoers congregating...just as a precaution. You will not be camping out at night, so I think you will be safe. Don't buy drugs down here...and don't give any indication that you are wealthy. Those are two thing that draw attention to yourself...which is not a good thing in any situation.

The area between Rosarito and half way to Ensenada are pretty good surf areas...or so I've been told. Actually, I've seen surfers right out on the beach between here you are staying and the pier. There is always lots of actitivity on the beach in the morning with people exercising, cleaning crews and vendors setting up.

Welcome to Rosarito!

2. Re: Oceana Casa Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 08, 2009