We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love some Rosarito information

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Rosarito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Would love some Rosarito information

I've traveled to Cabo and loved it! Now I'd like to visit Rosarito Beach due to it's close proximity to southern California. How does Rosarito and the "Baja Norte" coast compare to the Cabo area as far as beaches, activities, weather, restaurants, safety, etc? Is it as "touristy" as south Baja? Thanks!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

We live in Rosarito Beach 7 mts. of the year. I'll be glad to email you information (too much to post here), but you'll have to email me so I have an email address for you: Pstreet1@aol.com

scotts Valley CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

I also have been to Cabo and wonder how the Rosarito BEach Resort is, as it would be much closer to me...please advise on weather, swimming, things to do.

Thanks for being an advisor!

Sue

suegunn@sbcglobal.com

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

You're welcome. :) I've sent you a batch of emails. Feel free to ask more questions.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

Sue, I just got the first numbered message returned with the note "cannot send for 3 hours." I can only assume all the rest will be returned also. I can't help if I don't have a valid email address!

Southern California
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

There are a number of differences between Cabo and Rosarito - and one of the main ones is the weather. In northern Baja you are going to get weather by the coast that resembles San Diego... meaning warm inland but sometimes chilly by the coast and can be fogged in.

There are a lot of great attractions in north Baja though that you won't find in the south like the San Pedro Martir national park if you like hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc. Plus Valle de Guadalupe has great vineyards and you can go wine tasting.

Activities in Rosarito - there are a ton, but honestly if I was you I would go a little further south to Ensenada which is a larger city and so has more to offer in the way of activities. There are a lot of good daytrips from Ensenada too to local mission ruins, etc. In either Rosarito or Ensenada you can go scuba diving, snorkeling, or kayaking. There are also several major golf courses around Ensenada.

You will be safe as long as you travel intelligently, meaning don't flash lots of money or credit cards around, try to be respectful of the people you meet, and follow your intuition.

I think you will have a great time in northern Baja - people are often surprised by how much it has to offer. We love it and go as often as we can. Oh, there is also awesome surfing at Salsipuedes usually. If you go kayaking check out La Bufadora and the blowhole it is awesome.

Here is a link to a bunch of articles about activities you can do in north Baja: http://bajabound.com/activities/

6. Re: Would love some Rosarito information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 10, 2009