We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Info

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
drlnh2
14 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Info

Is it possible to hire drivers by the day as opposed to by trip? We would like to spend at least one day driving along the coast to Ensenada with a return to Rosarito. We also would like to have dinner in Puerto Nuevo. (We're staying in San Antonio del Mar.) What should we expect to pay? Also, would love to hear your restaurant recommendations. We will be in Rosarito for 6 days starting tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Info

Have you considered renting a car? It's a lovely drive. You might either ask a driver what he would charge for an entire day or check the Mexicoach website. They do go from Rosarito to Ensenada and back.

Pstreet has the restaurant listings and she is out of the country. We love to eat at Chabert's, which is at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. No, this isn't Puerto Nuevo. There is one large, ocean front restaurant in Puerto Nuevo, lovely setting and ordinary food. We go because the children in the family love the view and the mariachis. Our last few dining experiences in Puerto Nuevo have been less than wonderful. Chabert's has an elegant, old world feel and excellent food. The lobster isn't dried out, either.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Info

Actually, I'm back after a great month in Europe. :)

There are many, many better spots to eat than Puerto Neuvo, in my opinion, but I'll include a few recomendations for there too. Contact me privately and I'll email the list to you; it's extensive.

Pstreet1@aol.com

drlnh2
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Info

Thanks for your replies. (Will email PStreet for restaurant info. Thx) We will actually have two cars but each driver is placing restrictions on the use of the vehicles, etc, etc. We thought we would just spend the better part of a day cruising (by car) to Ensenada. Perhaps we'll try a little harder to elicit their support for that trip.

Thanks again.

Puerto Penasco and...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Info

Perhaps I am too late but this is still good info.

We always use the Rosarito Yellow Cab, they are very helpful and polite and their rates are printed on the back of their business cards.

1st mile $4 dls

San Isidro Border $20 dls

Puerto Neuvo $15 dls

Bada Bing$7 dls

Ensenada $70dls

They also make trips to La Bufadora, Mexicali, San Felipe, etc.

You can reach them at 661-527-4883 Mexico line

or nextel 152*145133*4

drlnh2
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Info

Thanks, Michelle.

6. Re: Taxi Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 01, 2009