We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side Trips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
kingsley, mi
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Side Trips

Hi, We are looking into some side trips while we are in Cabo. Would like to check out Miraflores, Santiago up to Los Barriles. Can you tell me what these area's have to offer? Are the hot springs in a park? Do you pay to view them? Has anyone seen them? Is it worth the drive? Is there local shopping? Thank you!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Side Trips

Postcard,

i think if i had one day i would go and explore my way up the Pacific coast to Todos Santos. there are so many virtually untouched beaches and the ones that do attract a "crowd" are very cool. if you go and look beyond the obvious and seek out those little places that remain as they were such as Pescadero and the like,some of those places that dont show up on a tourist map,those places that are off of a dirt road that leads no where, if you take the time to become a part of the fabric of the Baja ,if you can reccognize and appretiate the reality of the simple things and people who live, work and play there , if for a day you can immerse yourself in the beauty which at first seems so simple but is so complex, if you are content to wander with no particular destination and with an open mind and can accept what is and what was there then you will have had a day to remember. So much has changed yet so much remains. the difference is ones point of view. Buena Suerte....... jim

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Side Trips

Thanks for the advice!!! So will our compact, manual car make it down those dirt roads......LOL. Tough thing about doing some real exploring with our daughters is....we're with our daughters!!!! Makes us think twice sometimes...or at least we hear the voice of reason. :)

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Side Trips

Postcard,

No worries. Los Cabos isnt plagued with the crime and nonsense that the border towns and the mainland cities fear. this is a gentle place. most folks are just doing what they have always done. work to get over. sure in the tourist spots there are the mercenary time share sharks etc. but once you get out of all of that crap its just real life and hard working people in a beautiful but often times unforgiving place. I can tell you from personal experience that goes back a few decades these are good people. sure there are coyotes everywhere, just spend a day in Philly! Yea i think your compact would make most of the best places. we will hook you up woth some good maps etc. so you will have a leg up. a day isnt much but it is better than nothing. a bad day in Baja is better than a good day most other places. Buena Suerte..... jim

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Side Trips

We may just have to come back for more!!! Thanks for the reassurances! As I get closer I'll ask for those maps.....my cabos file is already pretty big..I just love it!! Thanks:)

kingsley, mi
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Side Trips

yatchmerchant, you give the best advice. you make me imagine what the old baja must have been like. we will be sure to take your advice. wish you were a tour guide!! Thanks again.