We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to maximize on Culture and White Sand Beach!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
wash dc
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Want to maximize on Culture and White Sand Beach!

I am trying to decide on a place where my husband and I can experience the Mexican culture,some sight seeing to experience "Mexico" also enjoy some good beach(possibly white sand beach?)

Going through various ratings- I am about to rule out Puerto Vallarta and the Yucatan Peninsula(Cancun and the Northern areas) due to the Wilma hurricane- but can't decide on Los Cabos or Acapulco. I hear Acapulco beaches arent that good, but city has more to offer. Anyone been to both? Or any other ideas for this area?

In Acapulco, thinking of staying at the Las Brisas. This is for Jan 2006.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Zara.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to maximize on Culture and White Sand Beach!

You aren't going to find the wonderful, soft white sand on the Pacific, but both Cabo and Acapulco have a lot to offer. Cabo is relaxed and as much an attitude as it is a place. There is less "sight-seeing", but it's wonderful. It is a desert climate, with lovely mountains, beautiful beaches (many non-swimming) and plenty to do if you want to be busy. Acapulco is much larger, very tropical and will have more to see and do-again, not all beaches are good for swimming, but Las Brisas will take you across to their beach club, and if memory serves, you can swim. It is a lovely property, and it is nice to have your own private pool. They are such totally different places, you really need to decide which appeals to you. You might also consider Zihuatanejo. It is beautiful, and the Casa Que Canta would be my first choice of hotels there. I think you will get much good info here, and if there are any specific questions I can answer, feel free to ask. There are many wonderful hotels in Cabo to choose from!