We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver
3 posts
Save Topic
Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

Well, sorta last minute decision, but my wife and I have decided on Los Cabos/CSL for our 2nd Anniversary and thanks to this board, we're getting extremely excited!! We were planning on doing a local spa getway, but, we talked ourselves into a real vacation!

We're staying at the Westin 6/10-6/14, so while not an extremely long trip we're trying to get some highlight activities and some good relaxation. A few quick questions if you would:

1. Definitely want to do the Land's End glass bottom boat tour. Does this mean we have to go to CSL to catch the tour? Should we worry about arranging ahead of time? Through the hotel?

2. Definitely want to do an ATV excursion, any recommendations? I read some posts of people arranging through the hotel, just looking to get some additional info.

3. Definitely want to visit San Jose Del Cabo. But, I'm wondering from those who have been, if this is a full day "trip" or lunch trip, etc.

4. Any other recommendations? Or restaurants that just absolutely can't miss?

Sorry to ask for so much info, but, I'm getting a late start on planning and don't want to waste our time there.

Thanks again for all your help!

-Mo and Kat

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

My wife and I will also be headed to Cabo June 12th thru 16th for our 5th anniversary. Are you planning on fishing?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

Mo and Kat, the first thing you need to understand is that you CAN'T WASTE your time there. That time doesn't count against you in the greater scheme of things. Don't sweat activities, you can arrange all through Explora tours on-site at the Westin. San Jose del Cabo is as long as you want it to be. Make a day of it with breakfast at the Tropicana, wander around, shop, back to the Tropicana for drinks, enjoy a good cigar from Amigo's, wander, shop, back to the Tropicana for more drinks and tapas (you get the picture), wander around, have dinner at El Chilar, Daminas, Local Eight, Tropicana, El Tulipan, Baan Thai, Morgan's Encore, La Panga Antigua, or go in at noon and try the half-day version. Whatever you do, you will only get a taste of the area. All the restaurants mentioned above are good. Don't sweat it if you've got the best, just keep going back until you find the one you like. Relax and enjoy your adventure. Don't plan too much!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

Sorry for typo. One of the restaurants is Damiana's not Daminas.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

Anything you arrange through your hotel will cost you double. For the glass bottom boat, book it on the Marina is CSL, ditto the ATV tours.

San Jose is perfect for lunch. 4 or 5 hours is plenty.

Enjoy

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

AnnaG, you are right that it will cost more to book at the resort, but take a look at their schedule: 4 days! Simplify this trip! Don't worry about who will give you the best price for the ATV tour, how you get to the CSL marina, or where the marina is for that matter. Let Explora handle it on this short trip. Watch where you are going, start learning your way around. Give youself more time the next visit so you can explore yourself.

Denver
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

Jbud, although I would love to catch some Marlin, our time there is short, so I'll have to pass on the fishing, thanks though!

elfjefe and annag, thanks for the input and suggestions. I've also emailed the concierge at the Westin and he's sent over a restaurant list and put me in contact with the activities "coordinator".

But you're right elfjefe, I need to NOT stress out and just enjoy!!!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yeah!! Going to Los Cabos!!!

MoCat, the Westin is a really nice place. Stunning, award-winning architecture. The people there are very accomodating. Go and enjoy yourself without any worries!