We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?

I'm making a return visit to Cabo with our 7 yr. old and looking at new AI options to stay at. Have enjoyed the Hyatt Ziva but will have just been there a few months earlier. Loved my overall stay at Secrets (in Cabo) so would be interested/willing to give Dreams a try since we have the child. (As of this posting I have not yet tried any Dreams but will be staying at the one in Puerto Vallarta later this month). Paradisus by Melia seems to get high marks and is comparable as far as price. Things we look for is overall high quality of food, good service, cleanliness, perhaps some daily/nightly activities, pool space and a kids club for the option of popping in for an activity or two during the day; we don't use it as a drop off day-care center. Beach access is a bonus but not mandatory.

Would love to hear any comments re. the pros and cons between the two, similarities and differences. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
5,285 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,029 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?

Dreams and the Paradisus resorts are about a 15 minute walk from each other on the beach.

The Paradisus is much newer and was completely renovated from the Hurricane Odile and just reopened I think last year. So It is still newish. Nice Ocean beach at the Paradisus.

The Paradisus is next to the nice Hilton resort. You can walk into that resort as it is not All Inclusive and welcomes outside business. They Hilton has a few shops, small groceries and sundries, could be convenient if you need something.

Dreams is a little more isolated, But we enjoyed our stay there too.

Both the Dreams and Paradisus are on the Corridor Highway about 9 miles from either Cabo or San Jose in the opposite direction. East to get the Big Purple and Orange Bus to town for $2 ea. It runs every 15 minutes from 4:30 am until 11 pm.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Montgomery, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?

Location is the same. Paradises has a small swimmable beach. Food is good at both, but there are more restaurant choices at Paradisus. There were more organized daily activities at Dreams. Paradisus is newer as it was just renovated. Neither is a bad choice. We just came back from Paradisus and loved it. Both resorts are quiet.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?

One other question...for the Paradisus, is their buffet (restaurant) only serving at breakfast but no buffet for lunch & dinner? An email exchange I had with the property quoted me it was only a breakfast option, then a la cart restaurants for L&D. thanks

Reply to: Hotel choice: Dreams vs. Paradisus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted